Collaborate with government and industry to find innovative solutions that benefit business and community at a local, national and global level.
Explore areas like:
- accountability, regulation and governance
- consumers, markets and stakeholders
- economics and finance
- entrepreneurship, innovation and strategy
- non-profit and social enterprise
- organisation and work
Join our progressive and collaborative postgraduate community and make an original contribution to media, design or creative arts research. We believe in fostering a supportive intellectual environment that encourages our researchers to address real world problems in areas like:
- digital media, communication and culture
- innovation in the performing and digital arts
- sustainability and innovation in design.
Recognised internationally as a leader in education research with a global outlook, we provide the right environment for our researchers and research students to make real progress and generate real world impact. Our research is leading the way in areas like:
- childhood in changing contexts
- teacher education and professional learning
- literacies, language, texts and technologies
- STEM education
- student engagement, learning and behaviour.
Get hands-on experience with patients and students, and collaborate with government, community groups, hospitals and institutions from around the world. Your work has the potential to advance healthcare in areas including:
- behavioural neuroscience and mental health
- chronic conditions, including cancer
- healthy lifestyles, ageing and environments
- emergency care and health services
- infection and injury prevention.
As our commercial, social and digital worlds continue to evolve, our laws and justice system must progress with them. Our research is helping to shape the law and guide policy reform in areas like:
- commercial and property law
- crime and justice
- health law
- intellectual property and innovation law
- international law and global governance.
Science and engineering
From robotics to biomedical engineering, we are leading the way with research that will contribute significantly to the social, economic and environmental wellbeing of people across the globe. It’s exciting, world-changing work happening in areas like:
- chemistry, physics and mechanical engineering
- civil engineering and built environment
- earth environmental and biological sciences
- electrical engineering and computer science
- information systems
- mathematical sciences.
Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation
The Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation (IHBI) creates an open, collaborative environment, fostering excellence in biomedical, health and engineering innovation.
Institute for Future Environments
Institute for Future Environments (IFE) brings together hundreds of experts from STEM fields, business and law, working to solve the world's grand challenges.
Indigenous Studies Research Network
The Indigenous Studies Research Network is a multi-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary network of Indigenous researchers, research affiliates and Indigenous postgraduate students. Through the network, researchers can share ideas, specialised skills, resources and information to build strong links around the world and promote international collaboration.
National Indigenous Research and Knowledges Network
The National Indigenous Research and Knowledges Network is a national, inclusive, multidisciplinary hub and spokesmodel network of Indigenous researchers at various stages of their careers. The network is led by Indigenous senior scholars with strong research track records who bring extensive experience in collaborative and community-based research.
We're making real progress
We're delivering solutions to the challenges of today and the future. Be part of research that has real impact, locally and on a global scale. See just some of the current projects that are establishing our researchers as international research leaders.
Purpose-built training facilities and arenas, a take up by traditional sports clubs, and an Olympics berth – that’s the not-too-distant future of eSports, according to Australian eSports pioneer Nick Vanzetti.
QUT researchers have produced Australia’s first lithium-ion battery after establishing the country’s only facility capable of such manufacturing.
QUT is testing a novel technology developed by US company Mercurius Biorefining to convert biomass into jet and diesel fuels.
Could the manufacture of the integrated circuits and chips for our everyday electronic devices be made simpler, safer and cheaper simply by being able to switch coloured light on and off?