Studying at Gardens Point
Students at our Gardens Point campus study:
- information technology
- urban development.
Take a self-guided tour of Gardens Point
Visiting our Gardens Point campus? Take our self-guided tour to find out more about the learning and teaching facilities, community spaces and cultural venues on campus.
Food and retail
There are plenty of eating options at Gardens Point campus, including a food court, cafes and bars - and Brisbane city is only a short walk away.
Arts and entertainment
As a student at Gardens Point, you'll also be able to enjoy a number of cultural venues on campus.
- Drop in to the historical house museum and the William Robinson Gallery at Old Government House, or just relax on the lawns and verandas outside.
- Visit QUT Art Museum, which runs a program of exhibitions by high-profile modern and contemporary artists, as well as free public events.
- Grab tickets to one of the professional or student productions at Gardens Theatre.
- Visit the Cube at our Science and Engineering Centre and play on one of the world's largest touch-screen systems. With its internet-cafe-style set-ups, lounges and group work areas, the centre is also a great place to relax or catch up on work between classes.
Gardens Point is also right next door to outdoor entertainment venue Riverstage, which hosts local and international concerts, festivals and events all year round.
There are plenty of ways to keep fit on campus, with facilities including:
- an indoor aquatic centre with 50-metre FINA -approved pool
- a gym
- a cycle centre.
Gardens Point is also bordered by the City Botanic Gardens, and riverside paths and bikeways surround the campus and cross the river to South Bank. You can take part in free public fitness activities in the City Botanic Gardens and at South Bank.
There are student accommodation providers nearby in the city and across the river at South Bank. Our accommodation service can also help you with information and advice on finding accommodation in Brisbane.