Kelvin Grove Library
Our award-winning library provides students and researchers with innovative study spaces and access to specialty collections.
The Kelvin Grove Library provides resources and services for students studying creative industries, education and health.
The library has:
- group study spaces and silent study spaces
- printing and copying services
- computer labs and wireless internet
- a helpdesk for assistance with assignments
- an adaptive technology laboratory, where students with a disability can use specialised equipment
- a Researchers' Centre that provides study spaces for research students and staff.
We've designed a range of spaces that encourage collaborative learning and practical problem-solving.
Learning spaces are equipped with:
- furniture that can be configured to suit different classes and activities
- built-in technology that facilitates interaction between students and lecturers, like lecterns with screen-sharing capabilities and computers on wheels (COWs) for student group work.
This makes it easier for students to participate in discussions, share ideas, and ask and answer questions.
Creative Industries Precinct
Our creative industries students learn, practise and perform in our Creative Industries Precinct.
Enhanced by an $80 million expansion in 2016, the precinct is the most sophisticated and high-tech creative education space in Australia.
It's been designed to facilitate creative innovation, with an emphasis on transparency, digital connectivity and interdisciplinary collaboration. The design makes the creative process more visible and creates a vibrant learning environment that fosters connections and collaborations between students, staff and researchers working in different disciplines.
The precinct houses a mix of purpose-built and flexible spaces, including:
- technology-equipped exhibition spaces and galleries
- an auditorium-quality music performance and recording studio, plus soundproofed rehearsal studios
- acoustically isolated ‘box in box’ recording suites incorporating control rooms, live rooms and sound booths
- a purpose-built digital music studio with multiple production workstations
- dance and movement studios with flooring optimised for grip and rebound
- a construction workshop outfitted with wood- and metal-working equipment, clean construction spaces, spray booth and digitally equipped training room
- an animation and digital visual studio featuring high-powered animation software and graphic tablets
- industry-standard newsrooms, radio and TV studios, editing suites and production offices
- a dedicated data network that can stream audio, video and data to other QUT facilities and around the world.
Health clinics and simulation centre
Our health students treat real patients in our public clinics for:
- exercise and movement
- nutrition and dietetics
- psychology and counselling
- wound healing.
Our nursing and paramedic students build confidence in their skills in our Clinical Simulation Centre, which simulates real hospital and emergency situations. Students work with current industry equipment and treat simulated patients like the $100,000 'SimMan 3G'.