Our professional doctorates
Doctor of Creative Industries
Be a part of a dynamic research community by exploring artistic and design practice, or investigate creative enterprise and related tertiary teaching.
Doctor of Education
Find solutions in your professional field of education. Your studies will contribute to research around best-practices in education and further your professional development.
Become a researcher. Let us pay the bills.
Our annual scholarship round is now open for applications. This is the ideal time to apply for your research degree and secure a scholarship.
If you're an outstanding graduate and aspiring researcher, apply for a research degree and scholarship by 30 September 2018 to be considered as part of our annual round.
Faculties and institutes
Collaborate with government and industry to find innovative solutions that benefit business and community at a local, national and global level.
Explore areas like:
- accountability, regulation and governance
- consumers, markets and stakeholders
- economics and finance
- entrepreneurship, innovation and strategy
- non-profit and social enterprise
- organisation and work.
Join our progressive and collaborative postgraduate community and make an original contribution to media, design or creative arts research. We believe in fostering a supportive intellectual environment that encourages our researchers to address real world problems in areas like:
- digital media, communication and culture
- innovation in the performing and digital arts
- sustainability and innovation in design.
Recognised internationally as a leader in education research with a global outlook, we provide the right environment for our researchers and research students to make real progress and generate real world impact. Our research is leading the way in areas like:
- childhood in changing contexts
- teacher education and professional learning
- literacies, language, texts and technologies
- STEM education
- student engagement, learning and behaviour.
Get hands-on experience with patients and students, and collaborate with government, community groups, hospitals and institutions from around the world. Your work has the potential to advance healthcare in areas including:
- behavioural neuroscience and mental health
- chronic conditions, including cancer
- healthy lifestyles, ageing and environments
- emergency care and health services
- infection and injury prevention.
As our commercial, social and digital worlds continue to evolve, our laws and justice system must progress with them. Our research is helping to shape the law and guide policy reform in areas like:
- commercial and property law
- crime and justice
- health law
- intellectual property and innovation law
- international law and global governance.
Science and engineering
From robotics to biomedical engineering, we are leading the way with research that will contribute significantly to the social, economic and environmental wellbeing of people across the globe. It’s exciting, world-changing work happening in areas like:
- chemistry, physics and mechanical engineering
- civil engineering and built environment
- earth environmental and biological sciences
- electrical engineering and computer science
- information systems
- mathematical sciences.
Writing your research proposal
One of the most important steps in your application is your research proposal. It should include:
- your research topic
- an overview of previous research in the area
- the objectives of your research
- your proposed research methods and plan
- your supervisor
- any coursework requirements.
How to apply
Before you apply for a research degree, there are a few steps you need to complete. You'll need to make sure you meet the entry requirements, find a supervisor, get your supporting documents in order and complete your research proposal.