Our professional doctorates
Doctor of Creative Industries
Be a part of a dynamic research community by exploring artistic and design practice, or investigate creative enterprise and related tertiary teaching.
Doctor of Education
Find solutions in your professional field of education. Your studies will contribute to research around best-practices in education and further your professional development.
Faculties and institutes
Collaborate with government and industry to find innovative solutions that benefit business and community at a local, national and global level.
Explore areas like:
- accountability, regulation and governance
- consumers, markets and stakeholders
- economics and finance
- entrepreneurship, innovation and strategy
- non-profit and social enterprise
- organisation and work.
Join our progressive and collaborative postgraduate community and make an original contribution to media, design or creative arts research. We believe in fostering a supportive intellectual environment that encourages our researchers to address real world problems in areas like:
- digital media, communication and culture
- innovation in the performing and digital arts
- sustainability and innovation in design.
Recognised internationally as a leader in education research with a global outlook, we provide the right environment for our researchers and research students to make real progress and generate real world impact. Our research is leading the way in areas like:
- childhood in changing contexts
- teacher education and professional learning
- literacies, language, texts and technologies
- STEM education
- student engagement, learning and behaviour.
Get hands-on experience with patients and students, and collaborate with government, community groups, hospitals and institutions from around the world. Your work has the potential to advance healthcare in areas including:
- behavioural neuroscience and mental health
- chronic conditions, including cancer
- healthy lifestyles, ageing and environments
- emergency care and health services
- infection and injury prevention.
As our commercial, social and digital worlds continue to evolve, our laws and justice system must progress with them. Our research is helping to shape the law and guide policy reform in areas like:
- commercial and property law
- crime and justice
- health law
- intellectual property and innovation law
- international law and global governance.
Science and engineering
From robotics to biomedical engineering, we are leading the way with research that will contribute significantly to the social, economic and environmental wellbeing of people across the globe. It’s exciting, world-changing work happening in areas like:
- biology and environmental science
- built environment
- chemistry and physics
- civil and environmental engineering
- computer science
- earth and atmospheric sciences
- electrical engineering and robotics
- information systems
- mathematical sciences
- mechanical, medical and process engineering.
Make the most of your degree
More than a supervisor
Your support team will include external supervisors from industry as well as our academic staff. You'll develop positive and collaborative relationship, helping you progress toward your research goals.
Build graduate skills
We want you to succeed in your studies and in your career. Our Graduate Research Education and Development (GRE+D) program offers seminars, workshops and practical experiences to get your ready for life after graduation.
Writing your research proposal
One of the most important steps in your application is your research proposal. It should include:
- your research topic
- an overview of previous research in the area
- the objectives of your research
- your proposed research methods and plan
- your supervisor
- any coursework requirements.
How to apply
Before you apply for a research degree, there are a few steps you need to complete. You'll need to make sure you meet the entry requirements, find a supervisor, get your supporting documents in order and complete your research proposal.