Flexible, collaborative learning
Our learning spaces are designed to encourage our students to collaborate. They're equipped with built-in technology and can be customised to suit different classes.
There are two libraries at Gardens Point:
- Gardens Point Library, which provides resources and services for students studying business, and science and engineering
- QUT Law Library, which provides resources and services for students studying law.
Our libraries have:
- group study spaces and silent study spaces
- printing and copying services
- computer labs and wireless internet
- a helpdesk for assistance with assignments.
Gardens Point Library also has:
- an adaptive technology laboratory, where students with a disability can use specialised equipment
- a Researchers' Centre that provides study spaces for research students and staff.
We've designed a range of spaces that encourage collaborative learning and practical problem-solving.
Learning spaces are equipped with:
- furniture that can be configured to suit different classes and activities
- built-in technology that facilitates interaction between students and lecturers, like lecterns with screen-sharing capabilities and computers on wheels (COWs) for student group work.
This makes it easier for students to participate in discussions, share ideas, and ask and answer questions.
Science and engineering laboratories
Our science and engineering students gain practical skills in some of the most advanced laboratories and workshops in Australia in our $230 million, purpose-built Science and Engineering Centre.
We have dedicated laboratories for geoscience analysis, preparative chemistry, molecular genetics research and mechatronics, as well as flexible laboratory spaces.
Law moot court
Our law students can build skills and confidence in mock trials in our moot court. It simulates a real-world court experience, and boasts integrated technology including computers and display screens, international video conference capabilities, video and audio recording, and electronic evidence presentation.
Financial securities dealing room
Our finance students have access to real-time global financial instruments and data in our securities dealing room. Students get hands-on experience with financial markets, products and trading activities.
Pharmacy counselling room and laboratories
Our pharmacy students practise prescription processing, product labelling and therapeutic use of over-the-counter medicines in our simulated pharmacy, and use specialist equipment in our compounding and pharmaceutical laboratories.
Radiation therapy virtual treatment room
Our medical radiation sciences students treat virtual patients, using 3D glasses to view internal organs and track radiation therapy beams, in our Virtual Environment for Radiotherapy Training (VERT) suite.