You are viewing Australian and NZ students' course information. Change to view international students' course information.
QUT business honours
An honours degree signals to potential employers you are someone with exceptional ability, motivation and commitment to your field. It gives you the chance to integrate the practical and conceptual knowledge gained through your degree.
- Study accountancy, advertising, banking and finance, economics, human resource management, international business, management, marketing or public relations.
- Work with a supervisor to integrate what you’ve learnt in your degree to complete a thesis in your field of study.
- Complete in 2 semesters full-time or 4 semesters part-time.
|QUT course code||BS63|
|Attendance||Full-time or Part-time|
1 year full-time
2 years part-time
|Start month||2018 & 2019 February, July|
Other courses you may be interested in
The Bachelor of Business (Honours) provides high-achieving undergraduate students with analytical, theoretical and empirical skills that differentiate them from other graduates. An honours degree signals to potential employers that you are someone with exceptional ability, motivation and commitment to your field. It gives you the chance to integrate the practical and conceptual knowledge gained through your degree.
As an honours graduate, you can clearly demonstrate an ability to undertake rigorous independent research.
The course is designed for total immersion in academic study for a full-time year. Therefore undertaking the honours course part-time is generally discouraged. Not all schools permit mid-year entry. The structure of the course is such that the coursework units in the first semester logically precede the research thesis, which is largely completed in the second semester.
Students must complete two prescribed units (24 credit points), two option units (24 credit points) and a dissertation (48 credit points).
All course structures
Academic entry requirement
A completed bachelor or coursework masters degree that includes a major in the area of intended study or a qualification deemed equivalent. Students must have achieved a grade point average (GPA) of 5.5 or better on a 7-point scale in the relevant degree or other Business School to qualify for admission.
Applicants are required to nominate a supervisor and topic before submitting a formal application. Normally applications will be successful only if a supervisor and topic are well matched. The Business School does not guarantee supervision capacity for all topics. Applicants should ensure that there is a genuine fit with the potential supervisor’s research interests by looking at the interests of the researchers within the relevant school as stated on the Business School website. The Research Coordinator within each school can also assist with this process.
To assist applicants to find an appropriate supervisor, applicants should:
- Identify supervisor’s research interests by looking at the interests of the researchers as described on the Business School website;
- Contact the HDR Admissions Officer within the QUT Business School. This contact should include a transcript of academic records, the topic area which they wish to study, the school in which they wish to undertake their research, and if known, the name of a potential supervisor. The information will be passed onto the nominated school or supervisor.
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. We review fees annually, and they may be subject to increases.
2019: CSP $11,000 per year full-time (96 credit points) (subject to annual review)
2018: CSP $11,000 per year full-time (96 credit points) (subject to annual review)
Student Services and Amenities Fee
You may need to pay the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) as part of your course costs.
HECS-HELP: loans to help you pay your course fees
You may not have to pay anything upfront if you're eligible for a HECS-HELP loan.
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
These scholarships are available for this course:
You may also be eligible for Centrelink payments.
How to apply for Bachelor of Business (Honours) (Management)
You apply directly to QUT for all our postgraduate courses.
Are you ready to submit your application?
You're ready if you have:
- Checked important dates.
- Checked you meet the entry requirements
- Checked course costs and if you're eligible for financial support
- Found a supervisor
- Discussed your options and developed your topic
- Written your research proposal
- Checked if you're eligible for credit for prior learning
- Collected supporting documents (see application form)
All done? Then you're ready to apply.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.