What you'll receive
You will receive:
- a scholarship to cover 25% of your tuition fees for your first semester of study at QUT. This scholarship is based on your entry score.
- an ongoing scholarship to cover 25% of your tuition fees per semester of study at QUT, provided you meet the academic conditions.
You may also be eligible to apply for other scholarships to supplement your International Merit Scholarship:
General eligibility requirements
- have completed a qualifying course from any country outside Australia with the required academic results
- meet minimum English language entry requirements for direct admission to the degree program. If you are completing an English preparation course at QUT, you may be eligible for this scholarship once you have met the English language requirements
- apply for and be accepted into one of these courses offered by our Science and Engineering Faculty:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Games and Interactive Environments
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Mathematics
- Bachelor of Property Economics
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Urban Development (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Mathematics
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Games and Interactive Environments/Bachelor of Mathematics
- Bachelor of Information Technology/Bachelor of Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Games and Interactive Environments
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Mathematics
- Master of Applied Science (Medical Physics)
- Master of Business Process Management
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Engineering Management
- Master of Information Science
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Information Technology - Graduate Entry
- Master of Project Management
- Master of Engineering Management and Master of Engineering package
- Master of Engineering Management and Master of Project Management package
- Master of Engineering and Master of Project Management package.
- start your coursework degree program no later than Semester 2, 2019.
You're not eligible if:
- you've completed your studies in Australia.
Applying for a double degree with Business or Creative Industries?
If you are applying for a double degree that combines a Science and Engineering course with one offered by our QUT Business School or Creative Industries Faculty, you may be eligible for our International Merit Double Degree Scholarship.
Minimum academic standards
This is only a guide. We will determine your eligibility when you apply.
If you're applying for postgraduate coursework, you must have a recognised comparable bachelor degree with a grading scale approximately equivalent to:
|Grading system||Approximate requirement: overall grade point average (GPA)|
|QUT 7-point scale||6.0 on a 7-point scale|
|4-point scale||GPA 3.4|
Overall GPA: 85% where 60% is a pass
Bachelor-level studies - direct entry
If you are applying for bachelor level studies (direct entry) you must have either:
- completed high school studies equivalent to an Australian Year 12 qualification, with a result approximately equivalent to 95 on the Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) scale
- post-secondary studies with an approximate equivalent grade point average (GPA) of 6, calculated on the QUT 7-point scale (approximately 3.4 on a 4 point scale).
Minimum studies requirement
|Studies||Minimum requirement: overall grade point average (GPA)|
|GCE 'A' Levels||12 A level points based on the aggregate of the best 3 academic subjects|
|Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM)||12 A level points based on the aggregate of the best 3 academic subjects|
|United Examination Certificate (UEC)||Average of 2 (where 1 is best) in 5 academic subjects, excluding Bahasa Cina, Bahasa Malaysia and Physical Education (PE)|
|The Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE)||23 Aggregate score based on best 5 subjects across core and category A and C electives|
|All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC)||Overall GPA: 82% over all subjects|
|India State Board (10+2)||Overall GPA: 92% over all subjects|
|International Baccalaureate (IB)||Aggregate: 36|
|Sekolah Menengah Atas (SMA) 3/Certificate of Graduation (Nilai Sekolah)||Sekolah Menengah Atas (SMA) 3/Certificate of Graduation with a School Result (Nilai Sekolah) grade point average of 9.5 on 10-point scale in the best five major academic subjects.|
|GAOKAO - Chinese National University Entrance Exam||Different provinces have different maximum scores. Scores are converted to a percentage. Overall GPA of approximately 85% in 4 academic subjects.|
|Vietnam Gifted Schools||Overall GPA: 9 on a 10 point scale.|
|Recognised post-high school qualifications comparable to an AQF diploma or higher, or bachelor-level studies (minimum 1 year)||GPA of 6 on the QUT 7-point scale or equivalent (approximately 3.4 on a 4-point scale).|
|Other grading systems||Subject to QUT assessment at time of application.|
How to apply
You do not need to apply for this scholarship.
We will assess your qualifications when you apply for study, and we will let you know if you meet the criteria.
What happens next?
You will receive an award letter with your offer.
To receive the ongoing scholarship after your first semester, you must:
- maintain a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 5.5 on the QUT 7-point scale throughout your course at QUT.
About the scholarship
This scholarship is sponsored by our Science and Engineering Faculty.
It is available to international students who:
- have demonstrated academic excellence in their past studies
- continue to achieve high standards for the duration of their studies.