Visa requirements - Study Abroad and exchange

Before you can come to Australia, you'll need an appropriate visa. You should apply for the visa that best meets your needs and that allows for your study abroad or exchange program at QUT.

How do I organise my visa?

Australian Student Visa

Once you have returned your Acceptance of Offer and Student Declaration forms and paid any fees, we'll issue you with your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE). Use your CoE to organise your Australian Student Visa online, through your closest overseas Australian embassy or consulate. You must nominate the overseas embassy or consulate where you will be applying for your visa on your Acceptance of Offer form; please choose the closest one to your city of residence or this may cause delays to your visa application process.

Working Holiday Visa

If you plan to study at QUT using a Working Holiday Visa we require a copy of your approved visa before we can process your acceptance. Not all students are eligible for a Working Holiday Visa, therefore we recommend you apply for an Australian Student Visa.

Visa processing times vary, so make sure you leave as much time as possible to apply.

Visa assessment

Your application for a visa will be assessed by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). Find more information about visa assessment processes via the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.

I'm under 18 years old

Students under the age of 18 are not eligible to apply for the QUT study abroad or exchange program.


Study Abroad and Exchange Office

  • Facebook
  • Level 1, A Block, Room 102
    Gardens Point
    2 George St
    Brisbane QLD 4000
  • Monday - Friday, 9-5pm

  • Postal address:
    QUT - Study Abroad & Exchange Office
    GPO Box 2434
    Brisbane QLD 4001