This course is only available to Australian citizens or permanent residents, and New Zealand citizens
- Update your skills and acquire in-depth knowledge and skills in business disciplines to lead with confidence in complex business environments.
- Opportunities to progress to the Executive Master of Business Administration.
|QUT course code||GS89|
|Course duration||1 year part-time|
|Start month||2019 February|
|Course contact||QUT Graduate School of Business|
Other courses you may be interested in
- Executive Graduate Certificate in Business (Leadership through Coaching and Mentoring)
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Law
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Accounting)
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Applied Finance)
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Behavioural Economics)
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Forensic Accounting)
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Human Resource Management)
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Interdisciplinary)
- Graduate Certificate in Business (International Business)
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Management)
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies)
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Professional Accounting)
- Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management
The Executive Graduate Certificate in Business Administration is one of the courses offered in QUT's Master of Business Administration (MBA) suite. This course is effectively one-third of the Executive MBA program and allows professionals to update their skills and acquire in-depth knowledge and skills in the core discipline areas of business.
Articulation into the Executive MBA program is possible after successful completion of the Executive Graduate Certificate in Business Administration with a minimum grade point average of 4.5 (on QUT’s 7-point scale).
Course core structure:
- Strategic Management
- Communicating to Influence
- Systems Thinking for Managers
- Problem Framing for Creative Action
- Personal Leadership and Change
- Data Analysis and Decision Making
- Accounting for Decision Making
- Marketing Strategically
- Understanding and Leading Others
- Economics in Business
All course structures
Academic entry requirement
A completed recognised bachelor degree in any field with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 4.5 (on QUT's 7-point scale); and
You have a minimum of five years full-time post degree work experience with a minimum of three years relevant professional work experience and two years minimum supervisory/management experience; and
At the discretion of the Course Coordinator or nominee, applicants may also be required to:
- Sit the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), the worldwide standard in aptitude assessment for admission to postgraduate management programs, and achieve a minimum score of 550. GMAT details (PDF file, 271.78 KB)
- Attend an interview with the Course Coordinator or nominee
Applicants without a bachelor degree may be admitted to the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration with a minimum of 9 years work experience (6 years minimum equivalent professional work experience plus 3 year minimum supervisory/management experience). Upon completion of the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration with a GPA 4.5 (or higher) students can articulate into the Executive Master of Business Administration.
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. We review fees annually, and they may be subject to increases.
2019: $2,952 per unit (6 credit points) (subject to annual review)
Student Services and Amenities Fee
You may need to pay the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) as part of your course costs.
FEE-HELP: loans to help you pay your course fees
You may not have to pay anything upfront if you're eligible for a FEE-HELP loan.
Find out if you're eligible for a FEE-HELP loan
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
You may also be eligible for Centrelink payments.
How to apply for Executive Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
You apply directly to QUT for all our postgraduate courses.
Are you ready to submit your application?
You're ready if you have:
- Found all the courses you want to apply for.
- Checked important dates.
- Checked you meet the entry requirements.
- Collected your supporting documents.
You must nominate two referees as part of your application. At least one referee should be from you current employer. We may contact your referees as part of the application process.
You'll need to complete a personal statement as part of your application. Details of the personal statement are available on the application form. Limit your responses for each question to a maximum of 400 words each.
Submit your application
All done? Then you're ready to apply.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.