What you'll receive
- a scholarship valued at up to $30,000. These scholarships will be paid as a study stipend of up to $5,000 after the HECS-HELP census date of each semester for the standard duration of your course, for up to three years ($10,000 per year).
- Entry into QUT's College of Excellence.
We offer two scholarships for each eligible discipline.
You must be one of:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen
- a permanent resident
- a holder of a permanent humanitarian visa
- an international student who has completed high school in Australia or Australian curriculum (or International Baccalaureate) overseas.
You must also:
- be starting university for the first time in 2022
- have placed one of the eligible Creative Industries courses as your first preference on your QTAC application.
This scholarship is available for applicants who are applying for eligible Creative Industries courses that have additional entry requirements like an audition or portfolio.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Acting)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Dance)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Music)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Arts).
If you're interested in a Creative Industries course that isn't eligible for this scholarship, you may be eligible for the QUT Excellence Scholarship (Creative Industries) or the QUT Excellence Scholarship (Academic) instead.
How to apply
There is no specific application process needed to be considered for this scholarship. All applicants who apply for an eligible course will be considered.
You must complete a QTAC application and the individual audition or portfolio requirements as listed on each course page.
What happens next?
Scholarship recipients will be chosen from the pool of eligible creative industries applicants.
If you're successful, you will receive a scholarship offer in line with your offer for your course.
We will evaluate all the additional entry applications for the eligible courses and offer a scholarship to the two highest ranked applicants for each discipline. This includes provision for one QUT Excellence Scholarship (Elite Visual and Performing Arts) from each eligible discipline to be awarded to the highest ranked Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants who meet the minimum additional entry requirement.
- remain enrolled full-time
- maintain a grade point average (GPA) of 5.00 or higher in each semester.
- take a leave of absence for up to two years but only after you have completed one full-time semester of study. You won't receive scholarship payments during this time.
- defer your scholarship offer. If you defer your course, you will be considered for the scholarship the following year, providing you haven't undertaken university study in the meantime
- hold any other scholarship, except an Equity Scholarship. If you have any questions about holding multiple scholarships concurrently, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further terms and conditions will be provided in August.
About the scholarship
These scholarships recognise excellence in creative pursuits and signal our intention to attract the best students to the creative industries discipline.
In line with our commitment to Indigenous engagement, this includes provision for one QUT Excellence Scholarship (Elite Visual and Performing Arts) from each eligible discipline to be awarded to the highest ranked Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants who meet the minimum additional entry requirements.