What you'll receive
- a scholarship valued at up to $30,000, paid in installments each semester.
The scholarship will be paid after the HECS-HELP census date each semester.
We offer 2 scholarships for each eligible discipline.
You must be one of:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen
- a permanent resident
- the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa
- an international student who has completed high school in Australia or an Australian curriculum overseas.
This scholarship is available for students who are applying for courses that have additional entry requirements like an audition or portfolio. You must be applying for admission into one of these courses for the first time:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Acting)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Dance)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Music)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Arts).
If you're interested in a Creative Industries course that isn't eligible for this scholarship, you may be eligible for the QUT Excellence Scholarship (Creative Industries) or the QUT Excellence Scholarship (Academic) instead.
How to apply
You don't need to apply for this scholarship. We'll assess your eligibility when we receive your application for your course.
What happens next?
We will evaluate all the additional entry performances (auditions, portfolios, etc) for the eligible courses, and offer a scholarship to the two highest ranked applicants for each discipline.
If you're successful, you'll receive a scholarship offer in line with your offer for your course.
- remain enrolled full-time
- maintain a grade point average (GPA) of 5 or above in each semester.
- take a leave of absence for up to 2 years, but only after you have completed one full-time semester of study. You won't receive scholarship payments during a leave of absence.
- defer your scholarship offer. If you defer your course, you can re-apply for the QUT Excellence Scholarship the next year, provided that you haven't undertaken university study in the meantime
- hold any other scholarship, except an Equity Scholarship. If you have any questions about holding other scholarships, email email@example.com
About the scholarship
These scholarships recognise excellence in creative pursuits and signal our intention to attract the best students to the creative industries discipline.