This unit introduces students who have little or no prior knowledge of Chinese Mandarin to the four macro skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing through an integrated communicative approach to teaching. Content will include: the Mandarin sound and tonal systems; the Pinyin Romanisation system; introduction to Chinese character writing, greetings and introductions; expression of family relations, and talking about nationalities, places, objects, locations and directions.
- QUT Business School
- Advertising, Marketing And Public Relations
- Study area
- Credit points
Previous study requirements
- HHB051 and HUB453
- AMX031, HHB031
Guide to previous study requirements
- To enrol in this unit, you must have completed these prerequisite units (or have credit, advanced standing or exemption for them), or be able to demonstrate that you have equivalent background knowledge.
- You can’t enrol in this unit if you have completed any of these anti-requisite units.
- To enrol in this unit, you must have already completed these co-requisite units, or you must enrol in them at the same time.
- You can’t enrol in this unit if you have completed any of these equivalent units.
- Assumed knowledge
- We assume that you have a minimum level of knowledge in certain areas before you start this unit.