Step into the classroom with confidence. If you're ready to pursue your passion for teaching, we'll help you learn everything you need to know.
Why study education at QUT?
- Graduate ready to work. Latest figures show almost 90% of our undergraduate education students were employed full-time four months after graduation (based on data from the Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching website).
- Complete professional placements in schools throughout your course. Our connections with the education profession provide plenty of other opportunities for you to gain relevant experience.
- We were recently voted the best university experience for education courses in Queensland on the Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching website. An even better experience awaits you in 2019 with the opening of our new Education Precinct.
- We're rated best in the education category in Queensland for teacher quality, student support, learning resources and student skills development (Good Universities Guide 2018).
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Creative Writing)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Dance)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Drama)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Film, Screen and New Media)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Music)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Arts)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Information Technology
Fast-track your teaching career
If you've already completed a degree in a field other than education, you might be able to become a teacher in two years. Our course will let you study educational and curriculum content to complement the knowledge from your previous qualification.
You can apply for one of our postgraduate degrees in the areas of:
- early childhood
- primary education
- secondary education.
Flexible study options
You can choose to study externally or on campus, either part time or full time. You'll be notified of your professional experience placements in advance so you can plan ahead.
Support for teaching success
We provide a range of support and mentoring services to help you make the most of your studies and provide the best opportunity for you to thrive in your new teaching career.
Choose the right course
If you want to become a teacher and already have an undergraduate degree, you can apply to study the Master of Teaching.
If you're already a registered teacher and you want to specialise in a particular field of education, you may be interested in studying an education specialisation.
Early childhood education
Our Master of Teaching (Early Childhood) lets you specialise in the education and development of children from birth to eight years, including Prep and the lower years of primary school (to Year 3).
You'll get extensive real-world experience through professional placements in early childhood settings, like schools, kindergartens and childcare centres.
You'll be supervised by practising professional educators so you can get the confidence and expertise to be ready to teach.
Our Master of Teaching (Primary) gives give you the knowledge and experience to teach primary school students from Prep to Year 6.
You'll be assigned to real schools to get experience in practising and applying your learning, supervised by professional educators.
Our Master of Teaching (Secondary) gives you the skills and practical experience to teach in secondary school, from Year 7 to 12.
You'll become a qualified specialist in your chosen teaching areas, supported by leading academics in the field of education. This will guide your career and allow you to specialise in your teaching.
You'll complete professional experience placements in real school classrooms, supervised by practising professionals. You may also be chosen for additional opportunities to spend more time in schools or other settings to gain extra experience.
Graduate ready to teach
Through the Stepping Out conference in the final year of your course, you can seek advice from education sector representatives to help you transition to your new teaching job.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.