If you're an athlete and you've been competing at an elite level, you may be eligible for our Elite Athlete Program. The program can give you access to academic flexibility, support services, personal and professional development opportunities, scholarships and funding, and maybe even an adjustment to your selection rank to assist with entry to QUT.
Support for learning
We know competing at an elite level takes a lot of time and commitment. As an elite-athlete-friendly university, we can help you get a world-class education while you compete through flexible study, assessment and exam options, including:
- priority changes to classes and tutorials
- alternative assessment deadlines and extensions
- alternative exam schedules
- extended leaves of absence
- cross-institutional study.
What you get
In addition to support for your study, you may receive:
- access to athlete support services, professional development opportunities and a range of workshops to help you with your academic and sporting aspirations
- complimentary or discounted access to sports psychologists, nutritionists, gym and training facilities
- an adjustment to your selection rank (or OP equivalent) for future students applying for the first time and current students changing courses with the elite athlete entry scheme
- financial assistance for travel related expenses for national or international competitions
- membership into the College of Excellence, our personal and professional development program
- opportunities to represent QUT in campus and intervarsity sporting events, in addition to national and world university sporting events
- a QUT Sport Scholarship ranging from $5000 to $20,000.
As part of our sporting community, you’ll also have opportunities to help build your profile, professional networks, and leadership in sport.