Are you a Year 12 student destined for life as an entrepreneur? QUT is doubling its number of Budding Entrepreneur Scholarships on offer for 2022, thanks to a group of Queensland entrepreneurs and companies who are backing the next generation of talent.
Future you STEM Summit is a unique experience for high-achieving year 11 and 12 students and is travelling to regional Queensland this December.
The Summit is set to teach students the importance of a STEM mindset, helping to guide a new generation of leaders, entrepreneurs, and innovators to build the jobs of Australia’s future.
Featuring inspiring keynotes and interactive sessions, students will have access to real-world, industry-aligned learning to shape their mindsets and skillsets as they plan their own career pathways.
The program is open to students from across Queensland and there is no cost to participate.
To apply, you’ll need to complete the online application form, including nominating a teacher, head of department or principal who can provide a recommendation for you.
Don’t miss this incredible opportunity!
The December 2021 program details:
- Summit Dates: Tuesday 30 November to Friday 3 December 2021 (Year 11/12 school holidays)
- Location: Bundaberg, Cairns, Gympie, Mackay, Rockhampton, and Toowoomba
- Applications close: Wednesday 15 September 2021
- Teacher recommendations due: Friday 17 September 2021
To be accepted into this program, you must:
- be a current Queensland Year 11 or Year 12 student
- demonstrate you received 1 or more A's in at least one STEM subject in the past 12 months
- ask your teacher, head of department or principal to provide a recommendation (provide their email address and they will be sent a request to complete an online recommendation)
- be able to attend the entire summit.
Creative industries and business student and aspiring actor Sarah Hesse is one of more than 50 real university students who feature in the new QUT television commercial that has just been unveiled.