What you'll receive
- a living allowance for three years, indexed annually ($28,597 in 2021). The scholarship can be used to support living costs.
- meet the admission criteria for a PhD (PDF file, 235.7 KB)
- apply for and be accepted into a PhD or professional doctorate.
This scholarship is not available for masters students.
How to apply
We have a two-step application process, with an Expression of Interest (EOI) followed by an application if you are invited to apply on the basis of your EOI.
You must have submitted your EOI by by 11:59pm AEST on 8 September 2021 to ensure inclusion in scholarship round 1.
- Round 1 is open to students who start their course before 30 June 2022
- Round 2 will open in early 2022, and is for new students who want to start their course between 1 July and 14 December 2022 (EOI submission date to be confirmed).
If your EOI is successful you will be invited to submit an application, and the submission due date for your application will be confirmed in your email.
If you have already submitted an EOI, you'll be considered for a 2022 scholarship if:
- you meet the eligibility criteria
- your research course start date is between 1 July 2021 and 30 June 2022
- you indicated that you want to be considered for a QUT scholarship in your expression of interest.
By 30 July 2021, we'll email all currently enrolled QUT research students who are eligible to apply for a 2022 scholarship in the round. This includes eligible applicants who started by 30 June 2021. The email will outline how to apply.
Applications for current research students will be open from 1-31 August 2021.
What happens next?
Your application will be reviewed by the Graduate Research Centre, and your faculty will select scholarship recipients using faculty criteria available in applying for a research scholarship.
Outcomes will be emailed to applicants from 24 November 2021.
The 2022 rules for this scholarship will be published here in November 2021.
If your scholarship application is successful, you'll need to accept the offer by the response date provided in your offer and begin your research degree before 30 June 2022.
To keep your scholarship, you must:
- make satisfactory progress in your studies
- remain studying at QUT
- be enrolled as an internal student
- remain studying full-time.
- hold another scholarship that is worth more than 75% of the QUT Postgraduate Research Award (Domestic).
About the scholarship
We are building research excellence by supporting students of exceptional research potential with QUTPRAs. The number of QUTPRAs offered varies from year to year.