What you'll receive
- a scholarship of $3,500 for one year, paid in two instalments of $1,750.
You must be one of:
- an Australian citizen (including dual citizens)
- a permanent resident of Australia
- a permanent humanitarian visa holder
- a New Zealand citizen.
You must also be:
- from a low-income background
- experiencing financial hardship
- enrolled in or applying for one of:
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Games and Interactive Environments
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science.
Who can't apply
You can't apply if you're a:
- single-unit study student - studying an individual unit at QUT, but not enrolled in a QUT course
- cross-institutional student - enrolled in a course at another university, but studying specific units at QUT and receiving credit towards your course at the other university
- QUT College student - studying one of the pathway programs offered by our international college, including foundation courses, university diplomas and English language courses
How to apply
To be considered for this scholarship, you need to apply through our Equity Scholarships Scheme.
Completing the application form
You only need to submit one application form to be considered for all scholarships under the scheme. Make sure you follow the instructions to supply all relevant supporting documents by the closing date.
What happens next?
We'll assess your application and score it against our selection criteria.
We allocate scholarships based on need. Students with the greatest need will receive the highest value scholarships. There are a limited number of scholarships available.
When will I know the outcome of my application?
If you apply and submit all supporting documentation by 9am, Thursday 3 December 2020, you will receive an update by late December 2020. Some applicants will receive an outcome at that time. Others will be advised that their application will be considered again in the later rounds.
If you apply and submit all supporting documentation by 9am, Monday 1 February 2021, we’ll let you know the outcome by the end of week 1 of classes in Semester 1, 2021.
If you apply and submit all supporting documentation by 9am, Monday 1 March 2021, we’ll let you know the outcome by the end of week 4 of classes in Semester 1, 2021.
You must be enrolled in the semester you applied for. Before we pay your scholarship, we will check your enrolment status to ensure you are still enrolled and eligible.
About the scholarship
The Len Amos Memorial Scholarship was created in 2000 with funds raised and donated by QUT Chemistry staff over a period of 20 years. The initial $20,000 gift from the staff of the then School of Physical Sciences was matched by QUT and was invested in the QUT Learning Potential Fund endowment.