Engage with Masters and PhD students for industry innovation
Students bring a fresh perspective, new skills and innovative approaches to your workplace, while giving you the chance to promote your organisation and profile future graduates.
Working with our students will help to:
- find real-world solutions to your challenges
- develop future research leaders for industry
- bring ideas, knowledge networks and innovative thinking to you.
What are the benefits?
The benefits for your industry are numerous, including:
- fast turnaround and accelerated innovation (outputs of the project are outlined in the project plan, and students are monitored with milestones throughout project)
- academic support from QUT to help identify problems and propose solutions
- valuable access to new research talent
- the opportunity to fill skills gaps in your industry
- flexibility to design standalone projects, or work within bigger projects (including scoping and follow-up work for larger projects and grants).
Students benefit from the experience by:
- participating with and in industry on real-world problems to improve their education experience
- developing greater connections with the world of work
- understanding themselves in relation to their career development, their academic studies and transition to employment
- building their workforce preparation and adaptability
- creating industry networks and enhancing their CV
- increasing their employability
- developing their soft skills
- turning their thesis into practice on an industry problem.
Our students come prepared
Our Graduate Research Education and Development framework equips our students with real-world skills and learning outcomes throughout their research journey, helping prepare them for their lives after graduation. To help them prepare for their internships, we offer:
- transferable skills development through the Graduate Research Education and Development framework
- a briefing and preparation module
- career education and support
- support throughout the program
- tailored pre-internship training for specific technical skills they may need.
Students are briefed on:
- the purpose and aims of the internship
- roles, tasks and expectations for meeting learning outcomes
- workplace rights and responsibilities.
It's important that you, as an industry partner, also provide an induction to the workplace, including supporting students to work in a healthy and safe work environment.
Do students have insurance during internships?
Yes, enrolled students participating in approved internship activities are insured by QUT. Contact our partnership office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an insurance certificate of currency.