Got a problem you want solved?
We’re looking for organisations that would benefit from having small transdisciplinary teams of graduate research (PhD & MPhil) students working on their big problem in a week long intensive design sprint.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
How it works
- work with us to scope the problem and co-design the experience
- present the problem to the teams
- be available at set times throughout the week for check-ins with the teams and facilitators
- attend a final presentation of the proposed solutions and receive a report.
We will provide
- a team of graduate research students (PhD & MPhil) to work on your problem
- sprint facilitators
- assistance in tailoring the problem scope for the experience.
The benefits for you are numerous
- The opportunity to fill skills gaps in your industry.
- Valuable access to new research talent.
- Flexibility to design standalone projects, or work within bigger projects.
- Fast turnaround and accelerated innovation.
- Scope and refine a current business problem.
Students benefit from the experience too
- Solving real-world industry problems to improve their education experience.
- Turn their research skills into practice on an industry problem.
- Understand themselves in relation to their career development, academic studies and transition to employment
- Build their workforce preparation, adaptability and soft skills.
- Create industry networks, enhancing their CV and increase their employability.
Our students come prepared
Our Graduate Research Education and Development framework equips our students with real-world skills and learning outcomes throughout their research journey, helping prepare them for their lives after graduation.
- A preparation module on design thinking, transdisciplinarity and design sprints.
- Transferable skills through the Graduate Research Education and Development framework.
- Career education and support.