Dr Suzanne Hudson
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Sue Hudson has been involved in teaching and teacher education for more than 27 years. As a primary teacher she has held the positions of classroom teacher, teacher of the arts, support teacher of children with learning difficulties and acting principal.
She began working in the university setting in 1989 at Southern Cross University. During her employment Sue taught visual arts and drama and coordinated and taught four of the core units within the Bachelor of Education (primary) program. Furthermore, Sue taught and coordinated overseas projects from Aoyama Gakuin University, Hong Kong Institute of Education and Wisconsin Stout University.
Employed at Queensland University of Technology’s Caboolture campus since 2005, Sue is the Academic Coordinator for the Bachelor of Education (primary) program. Currently, Sue is teaching across a variety of units at the campus as well as completing research on community engagement and the middle years of schooling.
Community Engagement, Middle Years of Schooling, Preservice teachers, Teacher Education, Teacher Induction
Curriculum and Pedagogy, Other Education, Specialist Studies in Education
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Master of Education (Southern Cross University)
Professional memberships and associations
AARE – Australian Association of Research in Education
PEPE – Practical Experiences in Professional Education
Core teaching areas:
- Middle Years of Schooling
- Introduction to child development
- Visual art education
- Drama education
- Professional identities and values
- Introduction to teaching
- Field studies
- Visual and verbal literacy
- Active citizenship and wellness
Coordination of international projects
- Aoyama Gakuin University English Language Studies
- Hong Kong Institute of Education preservice teacher program
- Wisconsin Stout University early childhood preservice teacher education program.
Professional development for teachers
- Beginning teacher induction
- Visual arts education
- Middle schooling
Classroom teaching practices
- Multi-grade classroom teacher in small schools K – 6
- Acting Principal of a small school
- Primary teacher in large schools
- Teacher of the Arts
- Support teacher of children with learning difficulties
- Middle schooling
- Field Experience
- Arts education
- TESOL education
- Hudson S, Hudson P, (2008) Devising university-based programs for the wider educational community, Proceedings of the Paris International Conference on Education, Economy and Society - 2008, pp. 141-152.
- Hudson P, Hudson S, (2008) Changing Preservice Teachers' Attitudes For Teaching In Rural Schools, Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 33 (4), pp. 67-77.
- Hudson P, Nguyen T, Hudson S, (2008) Mentoring Vietnamese preservice teachers in EFL writing, JALT2007 Conference Proceedings: Challenging Assumptions: Looking In, Looking Out, pp. 1-15.
- Hudson P, Hudson S, (2007) Preservice Teachers' Perceptions of their Mentoring in Primary Mathematics Teaching, Mathematics: Essential for Learning, Essential for Life: Proceedings of the 21st Biennial Conference of the Australian Association of Mathematics Teachers, pp. 163-172.
- Hudson S, Beutel D, Hudson P, (2007) A Program for Beginning Teachers' Perceptions of their Induction into Teaching, International Journal of Practical Experiences in Professional Education, 10 (2), pp. 1-7.
- Hudson P, Craig R, Hudson S, (2007) Benchmarking Leadership in University - Community Engagement: First Steps and Future Directions for a New Regional University Campus, Australasian Journal of University Community Engagement, 2 (1), pp. 174-186.
- Hudson P, Hudson S, (2007) Examining Preservice Teachers' Preparedness for Teaching Art, International Journal of Education and the Arts, 8 (5), pp. 1-25.
- Hudson S, Beutel D, (2007) Teacher Induction: What is Really Happening?, Quality in Teacher Education: Considering Different Perspectives and Agendas, pp. 1-10.
- Hudson S, Hudson P, (2006) Beginning Teachers' Perceptions of their Tertiary Education Preparedness for Teaching, International Journal of Practical Experiences in Professional Education, 9 (2), pp. 11-20.
- Hudson P, Hudson S, (2006) Initiating Community Engagement for Enhancing Preservice Teacher Education, EDU-COM 2006 International Conference, Engagement and Empowerment: New Opportunities for Growth in Higher Education, pp. 214-225.