Dr Rachel Fitzgerald
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyDr Fitzgerald holds a PhD in e-research and technology enhanced learning from the University of Lancaster where her research focused on developing digital strategy in higher education. Dr Fitzgerald's work in developing digital futures in higher education has been recognised through university fellowship and recognition as senior fellow of the HEA. A former head of online learning (UK), Dr Fitzgerald successfully led a large scale project to transform learning from face to face to wholly online. At QUT, Dr Fitzgerald supports course teams and faculty staff with curriculum transformation and brings a wealth of experience of higher education curriculum design both from her work in online and blended learning and her experience of designing and delivering curriculum as a senior lecturer in business analytics and business intelligence.
Dr Fitzgerald also brings extensive industry and project management experience from the IT sector.
Key Research interests
- Curriculum Design
- Learning Analytics
- Digital Futures
- Evaluation of digital transformation and curriculum redesign
Digital Futures, Curriculum Design, Technology Enhanced Learning
Curriculum and Pedagogy, Education Systems, Other Information and Computing Sciences
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- e-Research and Technology Enhanced Learning (University of Lancaster)
Professional memberships and associations
- Senior Fellow Higher Education Academy
- Certified Member of the Association of Learning Technology
- Associate Editor Enhancing the Learner Experience in Higher Education ELEHE
- Committee Member and Academic Reviewer: European Conference for eLearning (ECEL)
- Committee Member and Academic Reviewer: European Conference for Social Media (ECSM)