Dr Praveen Gauravaram
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Cryptology, Applied Cryptography, Cryptographic hash functions, Block ciphers, Public-key cryptography, Internet security protocols, Fully Homomorphic encryption, Information security, Ethical Hacking
Data Format, Communication and Media Studies, Computer Software
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (Queensland University of Technology)
Professional memberships and associations
Australian Information Security Association (AISA)
Cryptology Research Society of India (CRSI)
Postdoc, Technical University of Denmark (2007-2011)
Associate Consultant and Scientist, Tata Consultancy Services Limited (2012-2014)
- Gauravaram P, Bagheri N, Knudsen L, (2016) Building indifferentiable compression functions from the PGV compression functions, Designs, Codes and Cryptography, 78 (2), pp. 547-581.
- Gauravaram P, Knudsen L, (2012) Security analysis of randomize-hash-then-sign digital signatures, Journal of Cryptology, 25 (4), pp. 748-779.
- Bagheri N, Gauravaram P, Knudsen L, Zenner E, (2012) The suffix-free-prefix-free hash function construction and its indifferentiability security analysis, International Journal of Information Security, 11 (6), pp. 419-434.
- Gauravaram P, (2012) Security analysis of salt||password hashes, Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Advanced Computer Science Applications and Technologies (ACSAT 2012), pp. 25-30.
- Gauravaram P, Knudsen L, (2010) Cryptographic hash functions. In M Stamp & P Stavroulakis, Handbook of Information and Communication Security, Springer, pp. 59-79.
- Gauravaram P, Kelsey J, Knudsen L, Thomsen S, (2010) On hash functions using checksums, International Journal of Information Security, 9 (2), pp. 137-151.
- Biryukov A, Gauravaram P, Guo J, Khovratovich D, Ling S, Matusiewicz K, Nikolic I, Pieprzyk J, Wang H, (2009) Cryptanalysis of the LAKE hash family, Fast Software Encryption: 16th International Workshop, FSE 2009 Revised Selected Papers [Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume 5665], pp. 156-179.
- Gauravaram P, Knudsen L, (2009) On randomizing hash functions to strengthen the security of digital signatures, Advances in Cryptology - EUROCRYPT 2009: 28th Annual International Conference on the Theory and Applications of Cryptographic Techniques Proceedings [Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume 5479], pp. 88-105.
- Gauravaram P, Kelsey J, (2008) Linear -XOR and additive checksums don't protect Damgard-Merkle hashes from generic attacks, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 4964, pp. 36-51.
- Gauravaram P, Okeya K, (2008) Side channel analysis of some hash based MACs: A response to SHA-3 requirements, Information and Communications Security: 10th International Conference, ICICS 2008 Proceedings [Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume 5308], pp. 111-127.