Dr Max De Antoni Migliorati
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Other Earth Sciences
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (Queensland University of Technology)
- MSc (University of Padova)
Professional memberships and associations
I am an agricultural scientist and crop modeller specialised in the interaction of carbon, nitrogen and water in agricultural soils. My research interests relate mainly to climate change and sustainable agricultural practices, with a special focus on soil fertility. I have been involved in several major projects worth over USD $2M using stable isotope, greenhouse gas measuring, and crop modelling techniques to determine and improve the sustainability and productivity of diverse cropping systems in temperate, subtropical and tropical environments. I have significant collaborations with Australian, American and European universities and research institutes on measuring and modelling carbon and nitrogen cycling in broad acre cropping, including providing scientific and technical advice, data analysis and publication outputs.
Soils and the Environment - EVB312 Soil Microbiology - BVB305 Environmental Assessment and Planning - UXH331
- De Antoni Migliorati M, Parton W, Del Grosso S, Grace P, Bell M, Strazzabosco A, Rowlings D, Scheer C, Harch G, (2015) Legumes or nitrification inhibitors to reduce N2O emissions from subtropical cereal cropping systems in Oxisols?, Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment, 213, pp. 228-240.
- De Antoni Migliorati M, Bell M, Grace P, Rowlings D, Scheer C, Strazzabosco A, (2014) Assessing agronomic and environmental implications of different N fertilisation strategies in subtropical grain cropping systems on Oxisols, Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems, 100 (3), pp. 369-382.
- De Antoni Migliorati M, Scheer C, Grace P, Rowlings D, Bell M, McGree J, (2014) Influence of different nitrogen rates and DMPP nitrification inhibitor on annual N2O emissions from a subtropical wheat-maize cropping system, Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment, 186 (15), pp. 33-43.
- De Antoni Migliorati M, Bell M, Grace P, Scheer C, Rowlings D, Liu S, (2015) Legume pastures can reduce N2O emissions intensity in subtropical cereal cropping systems, Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment, 204, pp. 27-39.
- De Antoni Migliorati M, Bell M, Lester D, Rowlings D, Scheer C, De Rosa D, Grace P, (2016) Comparison of grain yields and N2O emissions on Oxisol and Vertisol soils in response to fertiliser N applied as urea or urea coated with the nitrification inhibitor 3,4-dimethylpyrazole phosphate, Soil Research, 54 (5), pp. 552-564.
- Basso B, Giola P, Dumont B, De Antoni Migliorati M, Cammarano D, Pruneddu G, Giunta F, (2016) Tradeoffs between maize silage yield and nitrate leaching in a Mediterranean nitrate-vulnerable zone under current and projected climate scenarios, PLoS One, 11 (1), pp. 1-24.
- Mielenz H, Thorburn P, Scheer C, De Antoni Migliorati M, Grace P, Bell M, (2016) Opportunities for mitigating nitrous oxide emissions in subtropical cereal and fiber cropping systems: A simulation study, Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment, 218, pp. 11-27.
- Lester D, Bell M, Bell K, De Antoni Migliorati M, Scheer C, Rowlings D, Grace P, (2016) Agronomic responses of grain sorghum to DMPP-treated urea on contrasting soil types in north-eastern Australia, Soil Research, 54 (5), pp. 565-571.
- Bell M, Lester D, De Antoni Migliorati M, Rowlings D, Grace P, (2015) Nitrogen use efficiency in summer sorghum grown on clay soils, Building Productive, Diverse and Sustainable Landscapes: Proceedings of the 17th Australian Agronomy Conference, pp. 1-4.