Dr Maree Corkeron
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyResearch theme: Environment Research discipline: Biogeoscience Areas of expertise
- Basin analysis and sedimentary systems
- Precambrian sedimentology
- Neoproterozoic glaciation
- Precambrian carbonate rocks
- Carbonate geochemistry
- Coal/CSG/UCG in Qld Basins
- 2008-2011: Townsville Hospital Private Practice Study, Research and Education Trust. Geological substrate, soil types and other environmental controls on the occurrence of Meliodosis hot-spots in the Townsville region.
Selected research projects
- Precambrian stromatolites; ecosystems, sedimentation, geochemistry
- Neoproterozoic glaciation, climate change and sedimentation
- Mechanisms of Precambrian carbonate precipitation
- Trace element geochemistry of microbialites
- Palaeogeography and provenance in the Bowen Basin
- Relationships between disease distribution and geological substrate.
Other Earth Sciences
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (University of Western Aust.)
Professional memberships and associations
- Geological Society of Australia
- International Association of Sedimentologist
- Geological Society of America
- Pestroleum Exploration Society of Australia
- Bowen Basin Geologists Group
- International Association of Medical Geology
C&R Consulting Geochemical and Hydrobiological Solutions
Rio Tinto - QUT Northern Bowen Basin research projects (honours) 2010-2011
- Corkeron M, Norton R, Nelson P, (2010) Spatial analysis of melioidosis distribution in a suburban area, Epidemiology and Infection, 138 (9), pp. 1346-1352.
- Corkeron M, (2008) Deposition and palaeogeography of a glacigenic neoproterozoic succession in the east Kimberley, Australia, Sedimentary Geology, 204 (3-4), pp. 61-82.
- A Screening Human Health Risk Assessment for Developing Coal Seam Gas Water Resources in Queensland Australia
- Primary fund type
- CAT 1 - Australian Competitive Grant
- Project ID
- Start year
- Environmental Health; Health Risk Assessment; CSG Water; Coal Seam Gas Water; Ecosystem Health; Water Quality