Dr Katherine Markwell
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyI am an early career researcher working as a research fellow in the Workforce Health and Innovation Group located at IHBI in the School of Public Health and Social work.
My current research focus aims to reduce workplace injury by improving dietary and exercise behaviour. This fits in with my broader research goal of investigating and improving dietary and exercise behaviour change for health; and improving the prevention and management of dietary and physical activity related chronic disease.
Research Interests: Occupational Health and Wellness, Weight management, Obesity Prevention and Treatment, Health Behaviour Change, Mixed Methods Research, Qualitative Research, Self-determination Theory, Technology and Health Promotion
Nutrition and Dietetics, Human Movement and Sports Science, Other Psychology and Cognitive Science
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (Griffith University)
- Bachelor of Human Movement Studies (Queensland University of Technology)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Nutrition and Dietetics) (Queensland University of Technology)
Professional memberships and associations
- Dietitians Association of Australia (Acredited Practising Dietitian)
- Nutrition Society of Australia (Registered Nutritionist)
- Exercise & Sports Science Australia (Exercise Scientist)
- International Society of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity (member)