Dr Jennifer Tan
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyJen Pei-Ling Tan is a research fellow and manager of Creative Workforce Program in the ARC Centre of Excellence for Creative Industries and Innovation (CCI).
She manages several large-scale Australian Research Council projects and other industry-funded projects related to:
- the implementation and diffusion of Web 2.0 and mobile learning technologies in formal and informal learning environments
- multiliteracies and equity issues in educational policy and practice.
Jen has worked for 10 years in the education and research field for numerous tertiary institutions. Roles have included:
- Research associate
- Senior research associate
- Research fellow.
Tertiary institutioins include:
- QUT - Centre for Learning Innovation, Faculty of Education
- Nayang Technology University, Singapore - Nanyang Business School.
Prior to working in the education and research field, Jen had amassed several years' experience as an audit and business risk consultant in global accounting and management consulting firms.
Jen specialises in mixed methods research, and possesses a range of competencies in both quantitative and quantitative research methods and analytical techniques.
- design-based experiments and questionnaire design
- structural equation modelling, classification and regression trees analysis
- membership categorisation analysis.
Other Studies in Creative Arts and Writing, Performing Arts and Creative Writing
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Doctor of Philosophy (Queensland University of Technology)
- Master of Education (Language & Literacy) (Queensland University of Technology)