Dr Julia Rothwell
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyJulia was a secondary history and English teacher in the UK. She then taught LOTE in several Brisbane primary schools for 8 years, and was part of the implementation team for the state Grade 4-10 LOTE Syllabus.
She has wide experience in designing and delivering professional development for language teachers
- including intercultural language learning
- drama and storying strategies for language learning
- assessment for learning.
For her PhD thesis, Julia is researching the ways in which process drama can be used to extend foreign language students' intercultural literacy.
Specialist Studies in Education, Cultural Studies, Literary Studies
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Master of Educational Studies (University of Queensland)
Professional memberships and associations
- Modern Language Teachers Association of Queensland
- Australian Association for Research in Education
- Australian Applied Linguistics Association
- CLB036/CLP411 LOTE Curriculum Studies 1
- CLB037/CLP412 LOTE Curriculum Studies 2
- CLB038/CLP413 LOTE Curriculum Studies 3
- CLB045 Becoming a Second Language User
- CLAB042/CLP421 Primary LOTE Curriculum Studies
- EAB364 Academic and Professional Communication
- EAB010 Early Childhood Languages, Literacy and Communication 3.