Professor John Frazer
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyArea of Focus: Complex Urban Systems Design(CUSD)
- 1996 - 2006: Head of School - Hong Kong Polytechnic University, School of Design; Swire Chair Professor of Design; Directing and managing an interdisciplinary design school
- 1987 - 1996: Unit Master - Architectural Association; Diploma School, experimental unit 'Evolutionary Architecture'
- 1984 - 1996: Professor of CAD - University of Ulster, Faculty of Art and Design; Directing Interfaculty Computer Aided Design Centre
- 1977 - 1984: Head of School - Ulster Polytechnic, Faculty of Art; Directing School of Art & Design Research, History and Criticism
- 1973 - 1977: Unit Master - Architectural Association; Intermediate School, investigating environmental context, resources and energy
- 1969 - 1973: First Year Master - University of Cambridge, Department of Architecture; Lecturer and Director of Studies in Architecture at Trinity College
Practice and Consultancy
- 1980 - Present: Consultant - Gehry Technologies, previously Cedric Price, Walter Segal, Ken Yeang, Chris Moller (S333) and planning consultant for Yunnan Province - China
- 1973 - 1996: Chairman - Autographics Software; Pioneered low cost computer graphics
- 1969 - 1973: Principal - Private Architectural Practice; Experimental school buildings in Coventry.
Building Information Modelling (BIM), Complex Systems, Digital Cities, Digital Design, Digital Tools, Eco-Positive Cities, Evolutionary Systems, Generative Algorithms, Modelling systems, Real-time sensing technologies
Architecture, Design Practice and Management
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Master of Arts (University of Cambridge)