Adjunct Associate Professor
Faculty of Science,
School of Biology & Environmental Science
Genetics, Oncology and Carcinogenesis, Other Biological Sciences
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Ph.D (Queensland University of Technology)
Professional memberships and associations
- Endocrine Society (USA)
- International Mammalian Genome Society (IMGS)
- RNA Society
- Open Bioinformatics Foundation (OBF)
- Society for Molecular Biology & Evolution (SMBE)
- Seim I, Jeffery P, Herington A, Chopin L, (2015) Comparative analysis reveals loss of the appetite-regulating peptide hormone ghrelin in falcons, General and Comparative Endocrinology, 216, pp. 98-102.
- Kaya A, Gerashchenko M, Seim I, Labarre J, Toledano M, Gladyshev V, (2015) Adaptive aneuploidy protects against thiol peroxidase deficiency by increasing respiration via key mitochondrial proteins, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 112 (34), pp. 10685-10690.
- MacRae S, Zhang Q, Lemetre C, Seim I, Calder R, Hoeijmakers J, Suh Y, Gladyshev V, Seluanov A, Gorbunova V, Vijg J, Zhang Z, (2015) Comparative analysis of genome maintenance genes in naked mole rat, mouse, and human, Aging Cell, 14 (2), pp. 288-291.
- Seim I, Jeffery P, Herington A, Chopin L, (2014) Turtle ghrelin [Correspondence], Nature Genetics, 46 (6), pp. 525-526.
- Fang X, Seim I, Huang Z, Gerashchenko M, Xiong Z, Turanov A, Zhu Y, Lobanov A, Fan D, Yim S, Yao X, Ma S, Yang L, Lee S, Kim E, Bronson R, Sumbera R, Buffenstein R, Zhou X, Krogh A, Park T, Zhang G, Wang J, Gladyshev V, (2014) Adaptations to a subterranean environment and longevity revealed by the analysis of mole rat genomes, Cell Reports, 8 (5), pp. 1354-1364.
- Seim I, Pauli J, O'Keeffe A, Thomas P, Carter S, Walpole C, Fung J, Josh P, Herington A, Chopin L, Whiteside E, (2013) Identification of a long non-coding RNA gene, growth hormone secretagogue receptor opposite strand, which stimulates cell migration in non-small cell lung cancer cell lines, International Journal of Oncology, 43 (2), pp. 566-574.
- Lee J, Seim I, Roche D, Obermair A, Chopin L, Chen C, Fung J, Jeffery P, (2013) Silencing of ghrelin receptor expression inhibits endometrial cancer cell growth in vitro and in vivo, American Journal of Physiology - Endocrinology and Metabolism, 305 (2).
- Seim I, Fang X, Xiong Z, Lobanov A, Huang Z, Ma S, Feng Y, Turanov A, Zhu Y, Lenz T, other a, (2013) Genome analysis reveals insights into physiology and longevity of the Brandt's bat Myotis brandtii, Nature Communications, 4, pp. 1-8.
- Chopin L, Seim I, Walpole C, Herington A, (2012) The Ghrelin axis - Does it have an appetite for cancer progression?, Endocrine Reviews, 33 (6), pp. 849-891.
- Seim I, Collet C, Herington A, Chopin L, (2007) Revised Genomic Structure of the Human Ghrelin Gene and Identification of Novel Exons, Alternative Splice Variants and Natural Antisense Transcripts, BMC Genomics, 8 (298), pp. 1-16.