Dr Olivia Holland
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyDr Olivia Holland investigates women’s health during pregnancy, mitochondria in the placenta, and placental response to physiological stress, to help develop new treatments for pregnancy complications.
Awarded the 2019 Lions Medical Research Foundation Fellowship, Olivia’s study over the next three years focuses on gestational diabetes and examining links to major health problems like type 2 diabetes that affect the ongoing wellbeing of mother and child.
Olivia is passionate about communicating scientific findings on pregnancy, preeclampsia, and diabetes to academics and the general public; enabling effective research and empowering women and their families to make good health choices.
Medical Biochemistry and Metabolomics, Medical Microbiology
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (University of Auckland)
Professional memberships and associations
- Australian and New Zealand Placental Research Association 2009–2020
- Society for Reproductive Biology 2010–2020
- Queensland Perinatal Consortium, founding member 2015–2020
- Society for Free Radical Research Australasia 2016–2020
- Australian Physiological Society 2017–2020
- Australasian Diabetes in Pregnancy Society 2019–2020