Dr Glenn Fulford
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyResearch theme: Energy and Health
Research discipline: Mathematical Sciences
- Tear film dynamics
- Infectious disease modelling
- Heat and moisture transport in bagasse stockpiles
Areas of expertise
- Biological fluid dynamics
- Mathematical epidemiology
- Industrial mathematical modelling
biological fluid dynamics, industrial mathematics, mathematical epidemiology, mathematical modelling
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (University of Wollongong)
- BSc(Hons) (Australian National University)
Professional memberships and associations
- Jones M, Fulford G, McElwain S, Collins M, Roberts A, (2006) The effect of the lipid layer on tear film deposition and thinning, Presented at: Scientific Meeting in Optometry (11th), pp. 113-114.
- Lilford K, Fulford G, Schlipalius D, Ridley A, (2009) Fumigation of stored-grain insects - a two locus model of phosphine resistance, Proceedings of the 18th World IMACS Congress and MODSIM09 International Congress on Modelling and Simulation, pp. 540-546.
- Jones M, Fulford G, Please C, McElwain S, Collins M, (2008) Elastohydrodynamics of the eyelid wiper, Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, 70 (2), pp. 323-343.
- Davis S, Catchpol E, Fulford G, (2000) Periodic Triggering of an Inducible Gene for Control of a Wild Population, Theoretical Population Biology, 58, pp. 95-106.
- Broadbridge P, Bradshaw B, Fulford G, Aldis G, (2002) Huxley's Equation Replaces Fishers Equation for Gene Propagation, The ANZIAM Journal, 44, pp. 11-20.
- Fulford G, Roberts M, Heesterbeek J, (2002) The Meta-Population Dynamics of an Infectious Disease: Tuberculosis in Possums, Theoretical Population Biology, 61 (1), pp. 15-29.
- Fulford G, Broadbridge P, (2002) Industrial Mathematics: case studies in the diffusion of heat and matter., Cambridge University Press.
- Barnes B, Fulford G, (2002) Mathematical Modelling with Case Studies: A Differential Equation Approach with MAPLE, Taylor and Francis.
- Jones M, McElwain S, Fulford G, Collins M, Roberts A, (2006) The Effect of the Lipid Layer on Tear Film Behaviour, Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, 68 (6), pp. 1355-1381.
- Jones M, Please C, McElwain S, Fulford G, Roberts T, Collins M, (2005) Dynamics of Tear Film Deposition and Draining, Mathematical Medicine and Biology, 22 (3), pp. 265-288.
Selected research projects
- Multiscale Modelling and Thermal Design Optimisation of Large-Scale Biomass Stockpiles for Use in Renewable Energy Products
- Primary fund type
- CAT 1 - Australian Competitive Grant
- Project ID
- Start year
- bagasse storage; mathematical modelling; finite volume; self heating; mulitscale
Projects listed above are funded by Australian Competitive Grants. Projects funded from other sources are not listed due to confidentiality agreements.