Change to view Australian and NZ students' course information. You are viewing international students' course information.
- Study print, radio, TV and online journalism covering reporting, editing and production.
- Access industry-standard equipment and facilities, dedicated newsrooms, radio and TV studios, editing suites and production offices.
- Contribute to QUT News bulletins for television and radio and write online news that is incorporated into professional news outlets.
|QTAC course code||421222|
|QUT course code||KJ32|
|Course duration||3 years full-time|
|Start month||2015 & 2016 February, July|
Other courses you may be interested in
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Journalism
- Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Honours)
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Human Services
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Journalism
- Bachelor of Journalism (Honours)
- Bachelor of Journalism/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Mass Communication
- Doctor of Creative Industries (Research)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Hosted by Creative Industries Faculty)
- Master of Arts (Research)
- Master of Creative Industries (Interdisciplinary)
Why choose this course?
You will learn foundation writing, reporting, research and data management skills, as well as the basic concepts that are necessary for the more sophisticated writing and production options that are contained in the second year of the journalism program.
You will explore more sophisticated writing styles in magazine and feature writing. You will be introduced to broadcast reporting, writing and production. You will undertake the study of journalism issues and ethics.
Minimum academic requirements
Still not sure if you meet the entry requirements? Contact us.
Don't meet the academic requirements? We can help!
Did you complete secondary school in Australia?
Guide to entry cut-offs
Minimum English language requirements
Students must meet the English proficiency requirements.
|IELTS (International English Language Testing System)|
Haven't completed an IELTS test?
Don't have the English language score you need? We can help!
We offer courses to improve your English and help you gain entry to this course.
When you apply for this course, we'll recommend which English course you should enrol in.
Haven't completed an English language test? We can help!
You can complete an IELTS test at our Kelvin Grove campus.
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. All fees are based on current fixed fee prices. We review fees annually.
2015: $12,000 per Study Period (48 credit points) (subject to annual review)
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
These scholarships are available for this course:
How to apply for Bachelor of Journalism
You're ready to apply if you have:
- Found all the courses you want to apply for. You can apply for up to 3
- Checked important dates
- Checked you meet the entry requirements
- Checked costs and scholarships
- Checked if you're eligible for credit for prior learning
- Gathered supporting documents
All done? Then you're ready to apply.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.