You are viewing Australian and NZ students' course information. Change to view international students' course information.
- Ideal for practising engineers who want management qualifications with advanced engineering skills and knowledge.
- Develop the analytical tools and methods to improve efficiency within manufacturing and service organisations.
- Study quality control, organisational infrastructure management, and development of decision support systems.
- Learn about innovation, integration, continuous improvement of your organisation and how to improve competitive advantages.
|QUT course code||BN87|
|Attendance||Part-time or Full-time|
|Course duration||1 year full-time
2 years part-time
|Start month||2014 & 2015 February, July|
Other courses you may be interested in
- Executive Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business (Human Resource Management)
- Master of Business (Management)
- Master of Business - Executive (Complex Program Leadership)
- Master of Business - Executive (Strategic Procurement)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Business/Master of Business
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Engineering (Railway Infrastructure)
- Master of Project Management
This course offers a qualification to practising engineers in management with advanced engineering skills and knowledge. It will provide analytical tools and methods required to improve operational efficiencies, typically within manufacturing and service organisations.
Graduates will gain technical skills in quality control and improvement, organisational infrastructure management (transportation, water, energy, buildings and telecommunications), and the development of decision support systems.
Students will learn an integrated computer-based approach to monitor and manage internal and external resources of an organisation, including tangible assets, financial resources, materials and human resources. This approach facilitates the flow of information between all business functions inside the organisation and manages connections to outside stakeholders.
Students will acquire knowledge in a range of strategies and practices used in an organisation to identify, create, represent, distribute and enable adoption of insights and experiences. These practices focus on organisational objectives such as competitive advantages, innovation, the sharing of lessons learned, integration and continuous improvement of the organisation.
The Master of Engineering Management allows graduates to become specialist engineering managers within their chosen professional field, particularly to become leaders and managers of engineering processes. Graduates can also use the skills and knowledge gained to diversify their capabilities across a broader spectrum of engineering disciplines.
Graduates from this masters will be capable of undertaking management-level roles in operations management, quality control management, logistics, supply chain management and other specialised engineering fields.
Early exit with a graduate diploma is available after completing two common units and two specialisation units.
A completed recognised four-year full-time Bachelor Degree in a relevant engineering discipline with a minimum grade point average of 4.0 (on a 7-point scale) in that study, or a qualification deemed equivalent by QUT.
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. All fees are based on current fixed fee prices. We review fees annually.
2015: $10,400 per Study Period (48 credit points) (subject to annual review)
Student Services and Amenities Fee
You'll need to pay the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) as part of your course costs.
FEE-HELP: loans to help you pay your course fees
You may not have to pay anything upfront if you're eligible for a FEE-HELP loan.
Find out if you're eligible for a FEE-HELP loan
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
These scholarships are available for this course:
You may also be eligible for Centrelink payments
How to apply for Master of Engineering Management
You apply directly to QUT for all our postgraduate courses.
Are you ready to submit your application?
You're ready if you have:
- Found all the courses you want to apply for. You can apply for up to 3.
- Checked important dates.
- Checked you meet the entry requirements
- Checked course costs and if you're eligible for financial support
- Checked if you're eligible for credit for prior learning
- Collected supporting documents (see application form)
All done? Then you're ready to apply.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.