You are viewing Australian and NZ students' course information. Change to view international students' course information.
Early graduation options
You may be able to graduate sooner with:
- Develop tradeable knowledge and strategic thinking to advance or change your career.
- Explore a range of business disciplines including accounting, finance, logistics, management and marketing.
- Study Asian business, global business operations, international accounting, international law, international logistics management, international marketing, and negotiating across borders.
- Prepare yourself for an international career, including multinational enterprises, smaller firms operating across borders, government agencies and international consulting firms.
- Complete in 3 semesters full-time or 6 semesters part-time.
- Opportunity to attain two masters degrees by completing the international double masters program and using exchange studies.
|QUT course code||BS16|
|Attendance||Part-time or Full-time|
|Course duration||1.5 years full-time
3 years part-time
|Start month||2014 February, July|
Regardless of the industry, companies that compete for international business must have business strategies that find success. Rules, regulations, government policy and the diversity of cultures and consumer needs and preferences all impact on how companies do business across borders.
International business skills are in high demand. Such skills incorporate ethical approaches, sensitivity and responsiveness to local cultures in new and diverse markets, while at the same time providing the planning, decision making and strategic management these highly competitive operations need.
This program is designed for those seeking to understand the additional complexity of international business compared with domestic business activities. The international business environment is explored across a range of business disciplines, including accounting, finance, logistics, management and marketing.
The International Business program will give you the expertise and skills to succeed in organisations both in Australia and around the world, including multinational enterprises, smaller firms operating across borders, government agencies and consulting firms that serve international companies.
Students who have articulated from the Graduate Certificate in Business may receive advanced standing for up to 48 credit points.
Students may exit from the Master of Business (BS16) at the following stages, once those particular course requirements have been met:
- Graduate Diploma of Business (BS79) (Study Area A)
- Graduate Certificate in Business (BS39) (Study Area A)
International double masters program
If you would like to attain two internationally accredited masters in about the same time that it would normally take you to get one, you may consider our international double masters program. In an exchange study, you complete part of your degree at one of two leading institutions in Europe. Through cross-crediting of your course content, you are able to obtain the full degrees from both institutions – and you may be able to complete the double degree in the same time that it would take you to complete your QUT Master of Business program. For more information, visit international double degrees
Students are required to complete 12 units (144 credit points). Please refer to the course structures for information on specific unit requirements.
A completed recognised Bachelor Degree (or higher) in any discipline with a grade point average of 4.0 (on a 7 point scale).
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. All fees are based on current fixed fee prices. We review fees annually.
2014: $11,200 per Study Period (48 credit points) (subject to annual review)
Student Services and Amenities Fee
You'll need to pay the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) as part of your course costs.
FEE-HELP: loans to help you pay your course fees
You may not have to pay anything upfront if you're eligible for a FEE-HELP loan.
Find out if you're eligible for a FEE-HELP loan
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
These scholarships are available for this course:
You may also be eligible for Centrelink payments
How to apply for Master of Business (International Business)
You apply directly to QUT for all our postgraduate courses.
Are you ready to submit your application?
You're ready if you have:
- Found all the courses you want to apply for. You can apply for up to 3.
- Checked important dates.
- Checked you meet the entry requirements
- Checked course costs and if you're eligible for financial support
- Checked if you're eligible for credit for prior learning
- Collected supporting documents (see application form)
All done? Then you're ready to apply.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.