You are viewing Australian and NZ students' course information. Change to view international students' course information.
For over 20 years, we've recognised that project management is one of the most highly sought and respected qualifications in today’s business world as organisations require the successful management of projects to meet strategic outcomes.
- Gain fundamental project management skills regardless of your professional background.
- Develop a depth of specialised knowledge and skills to constructively manage projects in a diverse range of industries.
- Learn to manage constraints in time, cost, quality, as well as social, political and environmental challenges.
- Based on the Project Management Body of Knowledge — the international benchmark and framework in the field.
- Offered both on-campus and online.
- Accredited by the Project Management Institute.
|QUT course code||PM15|
|Course duration||6 months full-time|
|Start month||2018 & 2019 February, July|
Other courses you may be interested in
- Executive Graduate Certificate in Business (Leadership through Coaching and Mentoring)
- Executive Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Law
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Human Resource Management)
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Interdisciplinary)
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Management)
- Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
The Graduate Certificate in Project Management delivers fundamental project management skills to those wishing to advance their knowledge in the discipline. It is designed for both individuals seeking to work in project management areas and for those already working in positions requiring project management.
With this course you will gain a depth of specialised knowledge and skills to manage projects across multiple industry sectors.
Designed to offer flexible study choices, the course is available fully online or face to face on campus.
Why choose this course?
If you want to develop specialised knowledge and skills to constructively project manage a diverse range of projects in a diverse range of industries, then this is the course for you.
You will graduate with the necessary skills and knowledge to take on managerial roles in projects of your chosen profession.
The Graduate Certificate in Project Management comprises the foundational units of the PM20 Master of Project Management and also provides an entry pathway to the Master program. The PM20 Master of Project Management is accredited by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
The QUT Graduate Certificate in Project Management degree is designed around a set of core project management topics that underpin the knowledge required for practice and/or further learning.
The units will provide you with advanced and specialised discipline knowledge and skills to apply appropriate solutions to project management problems. You will learn how to communicate effectively within various social, cultural and professional contexts across and within stakeholder and discipline groups.
The course structure consists of 48 credit points (4 units) of core units that can be completed in one semester of study.
Two of the units should be completed in this order:
PMN501 Project Management Essentials 1, in the first half of the semester, followed by PMN502 Project Management Essentials 2 in the second half of the semester.
Special course requirements
Designed to offer flexible study choices, the units will be available fully on-line or face to face on campus. You may also choose blend these options. Students wishing to undertake online studies will require access to the necessary technology to facilitate this mode of study.
Pathways to further study
The QUT Graduate Certificate in Project Management is located at Level 8 of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). Graduates will be eligible for entry into the Master of Project Management with a reduced course duration of one year.
All course structures
Academic entry requirements
- engineering or built environment; or
- any other discipline with at least 6 months (full-time or equivalent) professional project management work experience; or
- any other discpline plus successful completion of two project management units: Project Management Essentials 1 (PMN501) and Project Management Essentials 2 (PMN502)
- 6 years (full-time or equivalent) senior project management work experience; or
- 10 years (full-time or equivalent) project management work experience
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. We review fees annually, and they may be subject to increases.
2019: $11,100 per course (48 credit points) (subject to annual review)
2018: $10,700 per year course (48 credit points) (subject to annual review)
Student Services and Amenities Fee
You may need to pay the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) as part of your course costs.
FEE-HELP: loans to help you pay your course fees
You may not have to pay anything upfront if you're eligible for a FEE-HELP loan.
Find out if you're eligible for a FEE-HELP loan
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
These scholarships are available for this course:
You may also be eligible for Centrelink payments.
How to apply for Graduate Certificate in Project Management
You apply directly to QUT for all our postgraduate courses.
Are you ready to submit your application?
You're ready if you have:
- Found all the courses you want to apply for. You can apply for up to 3.
- Checked important dates.
- Checked you meet the entry requirements
- Checked course costs and if you're eligible for financial support
- Checked if you're eligible for credit for prior learning
- Collected supporting documents (see application form)
All done? Then you're ready to apply.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.