School of Accountancy
We deliver highly esteemed professional qualifications that are at the forefront of technology and practice innovation.
We host events and other opportunities to provide real-world learning for our students.
We conduct exciting, relevant research that is strategically allied with leading business, industry and government groups.
Accountancy in practice
Students benefit from our strong industry links, learning practical and networking skills to maximise their career prospects:
- our Accountancy Work Placement program enables students to apply theoretical knowledge, and develop skills and understanding in a real-world environment, while gaining credit towards their degree
- we provide over 15 events a year so students can make contact with employers and professional bodies
- the Career Mentor Scheme matches students with an industry professional, providing information and advice straight from the real world.
Our courses are accredited by these professional accounting bodies, which means a QUT accounting degree is recognised by employers around the world, including:
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Institute of Public Accountants
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
As part of the QUT Business School, we are also accredited by the three leading international associations.
By 2022, Lexie McGourty will have two impressive postgraduate qualifications from QUT under her belt – even though she doesn’t have an undergraduate degree. She’s one of many savvy QUT students who have used their career experience as a direct pathway into postgraduate study.
QUT Associate Dean International Andrew Paltridge and team member Ashleigh Burns, have won the Australian Business Dean Council award for Innovation and Excellence in International Education.
QUT Business School graduate and tech entrepreneur Matt Fairhurst has been named the QUT Young Alumnus of the Year for his business leadership and advocacy for those less fortunate.
ABC Deputy Chair Dr Kirstin Ferguson has been named the QUT Business School Outstanding Alumni Award winner for her business leadership and commitment to gender diversity and inclusion in the workforce.
We're planning more great events for you soon! Check back later to see what's on.