School of Accountancy
We deliver highly esteemed professional qualifications that are at the forefront of technology and practice innovation.
We host events and other opportunities to provide real-world learning for our students.
We conduct exciting, relevant research that is strategically allied with leading business, industry and government groups.
Accountancy in practice
Students benefit from our strong industry links, learning practical and networking skills to maximise their career prospects:
- our Accountancy Work Placement program enables students to apply theoretical knowledge, and develop skills and understanding in a real-world environment, while gaining credit towards their degree
- we provide over 15 events a year so students can make contact with employers and professional bodies
- the Career Mentor Scheme matches students with an industry professional, providing information and advice straight from the real world.
Our courses are accredited by these professional accounting bodies, which means a QUT accounting degree is recognised by employers around the world, including:
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Institute of Public Accountants
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
As part of the QUT Business School, we are also accredited by the three leading international associations.
CALL FOR PAPERS: IACCM Academic Symposiums on Commercial & Contract Management and Law: A Force for Disruption and Change
The International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) and the Queensland University of Technology Business School have the pleasure of inviting researchers, academics and practitioners to submit an original paper for the IACCM Academic Symposium on Contract & Commercial Management.
Australia is no stranger to bushfires, however the recent “Black Summer” unfolded as an unprecedented catastrophe; burning 18.6 million hectares, destroying more than 5900 buildings and killing at least 32 people and an estimated one billion animals.
The 2019 Australian Undergraduate Business Case Competition (AUBCC) will be hosted by the QUT Business School from 18 - 22 November 2019, with 16 universities from 11 countries participating.