School of Accountancy
We deliver highly esteemed professional qualifications that are at the forefront of technology and practice innovation.
We host events and other opportunities to provide real-world learning for our students.
We conduct exciting, relevant research that is strategically allied with leading business, industry and government groups.
Accountancy in practice
Students benefit from our strong industry links, learning practical and networking skills to maximise their career prospects:
- our Accountancy Work Placement program enables students to apply theoretical knowledge, and develop skills and understanding in a real-world environment, while gaining credit towards their degree
- we provide over 15 events a year so students can make contact with employers and professional bodies
- the Career Mentor Scheme matches students with an industry professional, providing information and advice straight from the real world.
Our courses are accredited by these professional accounting bodies, which means a QUT accounting degree is recognised by employers around the world, including:
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Institute of Public Accountants
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
As part of the QUT Business School, we are also accredited by the three leading international associations.
Individual Australians significantly increased their giving in the 2017-18 financial year, with a total of $3.75 billion donated – nearly an eight per cent increase, or $265 million, on the previous year.
Matt Fairhurst and Rebecca Brammer are QUT’s 2020 Young Alumni of the Year.
Debbie Kilroy OAM is QUT 2020 Special Excellence Award winner and also the QUT Faculty of Law Outstanding Alumni Award winner.
It takes more than a pandemic to stop university aspirations. So kick COVID to the curb and log on to the QUT Virtual Open Day on August 29-30.