Dr Onur Bas
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Additive manufacturing, Tissue engineering, Biomaterials, Soft network composites, Melt electrowriting, Hydrogels, Composites
Biomedical Engineering, Other Physical Sciences
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (Queensland University of Technology)
- Toosisaidy N, Wolf F, Bas O, Keijdener H, Hutmacher D, Mela P, Juan Pardo E, (2019) Biologically inspired scaffolds for heart valve tissue engineering via melt electrowriting, Small, 15 (24).
- Bas O, Juan Pardo E, Catelas I, Hutmacher D, (2018) The quest for mechanically and biologically functional soft biomaterials via soft network composites, Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, 132, pp. 214-234.
- Wunner F, Wille M, Noonan T, Bas O, Dalton P, Juan Pardo E, Hutmacher D, (2018) Melt electrospinning writing of highly ordered large volume scaffold architectures, Advanced Materials, 30 (20), pp. 1-6.
- Wagner F, Holzapfel B, McGovern J, Shafiee A, Baldwin J, Martine L, Lahr C, Wunner F, Friis T, Bas O, Boxberg M, Prodinger P, Shokoohmand A, Moi D, Mazzieri R, Loessner D, Hutmacher D, (2018) Humanization of bone and bone marrow in an orthotopic site reveals new potential therapeutic targets in osteosarcoma, Biomaterials, 171, pp. 230-246.
- Bas O, D'Angella D, Baldwin J, Castro N, Wunner F, Toosisaidy N, Kollmannsberger S, Reali A, Rank E, Juan Pardo E, Hutmacher D, (2017) An integrated design, material, and fabrication platform for engineering biomechanically and biologically functional soft tissues, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 9 (35), pp. 29430-29437.
- Bas O, Lucarotti S, D'Angella D, Castro N, Meinert C, Wunner F, Rank E, Vozzi G, Klein T, Catelas I, Juan Pardo E, Hutmacher D, (2018) Rational design and fabrication of multiphasic soft network composites for tissue engineering articular cartilage: a numerical model-based approach, Chemical Engineering Journal, 340, pp. 15-23.
- Baldwin J, Wagner F, Martine L, Holzapfel B, Theodoropoulos C, Bas O, Medeiros Savi F, Werner C, Juan Pardo E, Hutmacher D, (2017) Periosteum tissue engineering in an orthotopic in vivo platform, Biomaterials, 121, pp. 193-204.
- Bas O, Juan Pardo E, Meinert C, Baldwin J, Bray L, Wellard R, Klein T, Hutmacher D, (2017) Biofabricated soft network composites for cartilage tissue engineering, Biofabrication, 9 (2), pp. 1-15.
- Wunner F, Mieszczanek P, Bas O, Eggert S, Maartens J, Dalton P, Juan Pardo E, Hutmacher D, (2019) Printomics: the high-throughput analysis of printing parameters applied to melt electrowriting, Biofabrication, 11 (2), pp. 1-14.
- Bas O, Juan Pardo E, Chhaya M, Wunner F, Jeon J, Klein T, Hutmacher D, (2015) Enhancing structural integrity of hydrogels by using highly organised melt electrospun fibre constructs, European Polymer Journal, 72, pp. 451-463.
Selected research projects
- ARC Training Centre in Additive Biomanufacturing
- Primary fund type
- CAT 1 - Australian Competitive Grant
- Project ID
- Start year
Projects listed above are funded by Australian Competitive Grants. Projects funded from other sources are not listed due to confidentiality agreements.