Receiving your offer
We’ll take approximately six to eight weeks to process your Expression of Interest (EOI) and final application, if you’ve submitted all the necessary documentation.
If your final application is successful, we’ll send you your offer directly, or to your agent if you used one.
If you apply during our annual scholarship round, processing your application may take longer.
If you applied to be considered in the annual scholarship round, we'll send your outcome from mid-December.
Can I change my application after I've submitted it?
If you need to change any details after submitting your final application, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your application number.
When do I need to accept my offer by?
We recommend that you accept your offer as soon as you are able to meet the conditions, if any. You’ll need to accept at least two weeks prior to your commencement date.
International applicants who will be applying for a student visa should accept as quickly as possible to allow for visa processing time.
To accept your scholarship, you’ll need to:
- Follow the instructions in your offer email and letter. When you accept your scholarship, we’ll email you further instructions on how to provide your payment details.
- Accept your offer of admission, as instructed in your offer email and letter.
To finalise your acceptance, you must:
You may be requested to submit further documents if you were given a conditional offer.
If your documents are not in English, you will need to supply a certified English translation.
You can use the following methods to arrange for your documents to be certified and sent to QUT.
Previous institution issued documents
Your education provider who issued the academic documents may send the documents by email or post directly to QUT Research Admissions. We will only accept digital copies by email if the electronic copy is received directly from the institution. The email must be received from an authorised department's/employee's official email address with their electronic signature in the body of the email confirming their function/position at the institution.
Electronic or digital document
If your previous academic institution has partnered with a platform that enables universities to confirm the digital qualifications of students, please contact them to issue your digital documents to QUT Research Admissions, through this platform.
If your previous studies have been taken in Australia, please use My eQuals to issue secure digital credentials documents.
You can nominate an approved QUT representative to assist with your application who can certify your documents. If there are time restraints for your acceptance we recommend using a QUT representative.
If your previous studies have been taken in Australia, please use My eQuals to issue secure digital credentials documents to both your agent and QUT.
If you are onshore, you can submit your documents in person.
QUT Application Portal
If you applied through the QUT Application Portal, arrange for a Justice of the Peace in Australia or a notary office overseas to certify your documents and then upload your certified documents to the QUT Application Portal.
If you are being sponsored for your studies, send your financial guarantee documentation from your sponsoring organisation. Follow the instructions in your offer letter.
Financial guarantees must be on official letterhead addressed to QUT, and must include:
- the student's full name
- the course or courses for which the sponsorship is approved
- the duration of the sponsorship
- whether Overseas Student Health Cover is paid for.
Once you’ve accepted your offer you’ll receive an email with instructions to activate your student email account. Your student email account will be used for all QUT communication.
If you have any issues, contact HiQ on 3138 2000.
We will enrol you in your course one month prior to your commencement date and email you to let you know. Ensure you have activated your student email account.
Before arriving in Australia:
- Email International Student Services to book your compulsory induction interview.
After arriving in Australia:
- Attend your booked induction interview with International Student Services.
- Visit Graduate Research Centre to complete your International Commencement Form. You need to do this in person with a Client Services Officer.
- We will enrol you in your course and email you to let you know. Ensure you have activated your student email account.
For international students, once your visa is approved, you should book your flights. Plan to arrive in Brisbane at least two weeks before your commencement date. Organise temporary accommodation to stay in while you look for somewhere to live permanently. There are several temporary accommodation options close to the city and our campuses:
- Atira Student Living ($55 per night with promo code TRYATIRA)
- Banana Bender Backpackers (Deals available to QUT students)
- Brisbane City YHA
- City Edge Apartment Hotels
- Hotel Diana (Deals available to QUT Students and Staff)
- Kangaroo Point Holiday Apartments
- Somewheretostay Backpacker
- Quest River Park Central (Brisbane CBD) (Deals available to QUT students & staff)
- Quest Kelvin Grove
- Wotif.com (hotel search)
You can request your QUT ID card only once you are enrolled in your course. Your ID Card will allow access to a range of services, such as:
- borrowing library books
- using computer labs, some rooms, and buildings
- traveling on the QUT shuttle bus for free
- accessing your copy/print account
- parking your vehicle on campus at a discount rate.
You’ll have to set up your email account so you can access more information about your ID card.
In your first few weeks of study make sure you go along to an orientation session (login required).
The Graduate Research Education and Development (GRE+D) also hold orientation sessions each semester on both campuses.
Brisbane’s public transport is managed by TransLink. Once you are enrolled, check their website to find out if you can apply for a transport concession card.