- Applications open
- 6 August 2020
- Applications close
- 20 November 2020
What you'll receive
You will receive:
- $5,000 per year for up to three years
- access to enrichment programs that develop your leadership potential and kickstart your technology career.
Applications are based on academic performance and potential for leadership.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be graduating Year 12 in 2020 or have had no more than one gap year
- be starting university for the first time in 2021
- have achieved an unadjusted ATAR 92 - 99 or equivalent (OP 1-5 for 2019 graduates)
- be enrolling full time in the Bachelor of Information Technology or Bachelor of Games and Interactive Environments or a double degree including one of these degrees at QUT
- be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident
- have placed QUT as your first preference.
Eligible applicants will:
- display an active interest in making a positive difference through technology
- demonstrate leadership potential and a commitment to their continued growth and development
- display an active desire for participation in their community including a commitment to be an active Westpac Scholar Alumni member
- demonstrate resilience.
How to apply
Complete the Westpac Young Technologists questionnaire.
What happens next?
Scholarship assessment is based on academic performance and responses to the written questions and an interview.
To be eligible, shortlisted applicants must make themselves available to attend an interview with representatives from the Westpac Scholars Trust and QUT in December 2020.
Round 1 scholarship offers will be made to applicants who have placed QUT as their first course preference in late December 2020. Not all first-round offers are accepted, for a variety of reasons, so if you don't receive an offer in the first round, you may still be eligible for an offer in the second round. Round 2 scholarship offers will be made after the acceptance due date for the first round has lapsed.
Only students who are successful in being offered a scholarship are notified.
Although you may have been successful in your scholarship application, this does not mean that you're automatically accepted into the Bachelor of Information Technology or Bachelor of Games and Interactive Environments degree. You must still be successful in your QTAC application.
To keep your scholarship, you must:
- be enrolled full time in an eligible IT degree for the duration your studies
- maintain a course grade point average (GPA) of 5.0 or higher each semester.
- defer your scholarship offer
- hold any other scholarship except an Equity Scholarship. If you have any questions about holding other scholarships, contact the Science and Engineering Faculty.
About the scholarship
This scholarship is funded by the Westpac Scholars Trust.