- Applications open
- 1 August 2019
- Applications close
- 15 November 2019
What you'll receive
You will receive:
- $5,000 per year up to three years
- Access to enrichment programs that develop your leadership potential and kickstart your technology career.
Applications are based on academic performance and potential for leadership.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be graduating Year 12 in 2019 or have had no more than 1 gap year since graduating high school
- be starting university for the first time in 2020
- have achieved an unadjusted OP 1 - 5 (or equivalent)
- be enrolling full time in the Bachelor of Information Technology or Bachelor of Games and Interactive Environments or a double degree including one of these degrees at QUT
- be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident
- have placed QUT as your first preference.
Eligible applicants will:
- display an active interest in making a positive difference through technology
- demonstrate leadership potential and a commitment to their continued growth and development
- display an active desire for participation in their community including a commitment to be an active Westpac Scholar Alumni member
- demonstrate resilience
How to apply
Applications open - 1 August 2019
Applications close - 15 November 2019
Step 1 Complete the Westpac Young Technologists questionnaire
Step 2 Start a new application and upload your completed questionnaire
Step 3 Continue a saved application where required.
What happens next?
Scholarship assessment is based on academic performance and responses to the written questions and an interview.
To be eligible, shortlisted applicants must make themselves available to attend an interview with representatives from the Westpac Foundation in December 2019.
Round 1 scholarship offers will be made to applicants who have placed QUT as their first course preference in late December 2019. Not all first-round offers are accepted, for a variety of reasons, so if you don't receive an offer in the first round, you may still be eligible for an offer in the second round. Round 2 scholarship offers will be made after the acceptance due date for the first round has lapsed.
Only students who are successful in being offered a scholarship are notified.
Although you may have been successful in your scholarship application, this does not mean that you're automatically accepted into the Bachelor of Information Technology or Bachelor of Games and Interactive Environments degree. You must still be successful in your QTAC application.
To keep your scholarship, you must:
- be enrolled full time in an eligible IT degree for the duration your studies
- maintain a course grade point average (GPA) of 5.0 or higher each semester.
- defer your scholarship offer
- hold any other scholarship except an Equity Scholarship. If you have any questions about holding other scholarships, contact the Science and Engineering Faculty.
About the scholarship
This scholarship is funded by the Westpac Foundation.