- Applications open
- 9 August 2021
- Applications close
- 26 November 2021
What you'll receive
You will receive:
- $5,000 per year for up to three years
- entry into the QUT College of Excellence
- access to enrichment programs that develop your leadership potential and kickstart your technology career.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be graduating Year 12 (or a gap year) in 2021
- be starting university for the first time in 2022
- be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident
- have achieved a minimum unadjusted ATAR of 92.0 or above
- have placed QUT as your first preference
- be applying to start one of:
The Westpac Young Technologists scholarship aims to address the current lack of gender balance and diversity by broadening the base of students pursuing a career in technology. Therefore, for reasons of equity, the assessment will take into consideration gender and diversity factors (such as coming from a low socio-economic designated school or having Indigenous heritage).
Scholarship assessment will be based on:
- academic performance
- gender and diversity profile
- demonstrated aspiration and passion for technology, including growing an understanding of technology and its potential
- commitment to personal and professional growth and development, including the ability to balance study with other pursuits
- demonstrated desire to participate in their community including a commitment to be an active Westpac Scholar alumnus
How to apply
Applications are now open and close 26 November, 2021.
Complete the application form
To be considered for this scholarship, you will need to submit your application by the close date.
What happens next?
We will assess applications against eligibility criteria and response to application questions.
If shortlisted, you must be available to attend an interview with representatives from the Westpac Scholars Trust and QUT in early January 2022.
There will be two rounds of offers:
- first round offers will be made to applicants who have put QUT as their first course preference. We'll make offers in January 2022.
- second round offers will be made after the acceptance cut-off date for round one.
A scholarship offer does not mean that you're automatically accepted into the course you've applied for. You still have to apply and be accepted through QTAC.
Only students who are successful in being offered a scholarship will be notified.
To keep your scholarship, you must:
- be enrolled full-time in an eligible IT degree for the duration of your studies
- maintain a course grade point average (GPA) of 5.0 or higher each semester.
- defer your scholarship offer
- hold any other scholarship except an Equity Scholarship. If you have any questions about holding other scholarships, contact email@example.com.
About the scholarship
Financial support is just the beginning. Students will take part in a Disruptive Leaders program and will become lifelong members of the Westpac 100 Scholars Network, an inclusive group of some of the brightest minds in Australia. The W100 network gives recipients access to a range of experiences including internships, inspiring mentors, leadership development and networking opportunities that would otherwise be out of reach. Discover more today.
Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship
The Westpac Young Technologists Scholarships supports high school graduates who are passionate about technology and eager to explore its potential for good.