- Applications open
- 1 August 2018
- Applications close
- 16 November 2018
What you'll receive
You will receive:
- $5,000 per year up to five years, or until you complete their course, whichever comes first.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must
- be graduating Year 12 in 2018 or have had no more than 1 gap year since graduating high school
- be starting university for the first time in 2019
- have an OP 1 - 5 (or equivalent) excluding OP or selection rank adjustments
- be enrolling full time in the Bachelor of Information Technology or Bachelor of Games and Interactive Environments or a double degree including one of these degrees at QUT
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident under 26 years of age.
Eligible applicants will have:
- a passion for technology
- interest in enhancing Australia's future technology landscape
- focus on personal growth and development
- commitment to be an active Westpac Scholar Alumni member
- diverse skills and experience
How to apply
Applications open - 1 August 2018
Applications close - 16 November 2018
Start a new application
Go to a saved application
What happens next?
Scholarship assessment is based on academic performance and responses to the written questions and an interview with representatives from the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation.
Round 1 scholarship offers will be made to applicants who have placed QUT as their first course preference in January 2019. Not all first-round offers are accepted, for a variety of reasons. So if you don't receive an offer in the first round, you may still be eligible for an offer in the second round. Round 2 scholarship offers will be made after the acceptance due date for the first round has lapsed.
Only students who are successful in being offered a scholarship are notified.
Although you may have been successful in your scholarship application, this does not mean that you're automatically accepted into the Bachelor of Information Technology or Bachelor of Games and Interactive Environments degree. You must still be successful in your QTAC application.
To keep your scholarship, you must:
- be enrolled full time (in 48 credit points per semester) in an eligible IT degree for the duration your studies .
- achieve a minimum course grade point average (GPA) of 5 on the QUT 7-point scale throughout your course at QUT.
You can't defer your scholarship offer.
About the scholarship
This scholarship is funded by the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation.