Brisbane is an affordable city, but you still need to plan and budget carefully to make sure you have enough money for your study and living expenses.
Make sure you check your study costs before you apply.
During your first few weeks, expect to need $1,700-$2,000 to get set up. This includes:
- temporary accommodation
- bond and rent for when you find long-term accommodation
- electricity, gas and telephone connection fees
- basic furniture and homewares
- food and transport.
You should budget around $400 a week for your expenses. This includes:
- electricity, internet and phone bills
- photocopying and stationery
If you want to bring your family with you to Australia, make sure that you can pay for their relocation and living expenses as well.
You will also have to make sure you meet the financial requirements at the Department of Home Affairs to ensure your visa is granted.