What you'll receive
- a scholarship valued at $6,000, paid over two years.
Other benefits include:
- membership to the Science and Engineering Women in Engineering program
- option to apply for the Dean’s Scholars Program.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- have completed Year 12 (or a gap year) in 2021 and must be starting university undergraduate degree for the first time in 2022
- identify as female
- be applying to start the Bachelor of Engineering (EN01) or an engineering double degree course at QUT
- have placed QUT as your first QTAC preference; and
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident.
Eligible applicants will:
- be keen to foster growth and recognition of the contribution of female engineers to the profession and the broader community
- be able to effectively balance study with other pursuits
- have the potential to take leadership roles amongst the engineering community
- be able to support and influence others to achieve greater things
- work well and communicate easily with their peers, in teams and with others in the wider engineering community; and
- be committed to personal awareness and growth.
How to apply
Applications will open in early August and close in November.
What happens next?
Scholarship assessment is based on academic performance and responses to the written questions. There are no interviews for this scholarship.
Round one scholarship offers will be made in January 2022 to applicants that have placed QUT as their first course preference. Not all first-round offers are accepted, for a variety of reasons so if you don't receive an offer in the first round, you may still be eligible for an offer in the second round.
Round two scholarship offers will be made after the acceptance due date for the first round has lapsed.
Only students who are successful in being offered a scholarship are notified.
To keep your scholarship, you must:
- be enrolled full-time in an eligible engineering degree for the duration your studies
- achieve a minimum course grade point average (GPA) of 4 each semester
- play a leadership role through active participation in the Women in Engineering program activities and events.
- defer your scholarship offer
- hold any other QUT Merit scholarship, other than a QUT Equity Scholarship. If you have any questions about holding other scholarships, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further terms and conditions will be provided in August.
About the scholarship
QUT is committed to growing the number of graduating female engineers and to fostering the view of engineering as a career of choice for women. The Women in Engineering scholarship will help build a cohort of female future leaders in engineering professions.
Faculty of Engineering and Faculty of Science
- 3138 8822
- Int. phone
- +61 7 3138 8822
- Level 3, O Podium
- Gardens Point
- 2 George St
- Brisbane QLD
- Postal address
- QUT Science and Engineering Faculty
- GPO Box 2434
- Brisbane QLD 4001