What you'll receive
- a scholarship of $3,500 for one year.
You must be one of:
- an Australian citizen (including dual citizens)
- a permanent resident of Australia
- a permanent humanitarian visa holder
- a New Zealand citizen.
You must also be:
- from a low-income background
- experiencing financial hardship
- enrolled in or applying for an undergraduate course.
Who can't apply
You can't apply if you're a:
- single-unit study student - studying an individual unit at QUT, but not enrolled in a QUT course
- cross-institutional student - enrolled in a course at another university, but studying specific units at QUT and receiving credit towards your course at the other university
- QUT International College (QUTIC) student - studying one of the pathway programs offered by our international college, including foundation courses, university diplomas and English language courses
How to apply
Applications for Semester 1, 2019 have now closed.
Completing the application form
When applications are open, you only need to complete and submit one application form to be considered for all scholarships under the scheme. Make sure you follow the instructions to supply all relevant supporting documents by the closing date.
What happens next?
We'll assess your application and score it against our selection criteria.
We allocate scholarships based on need. Students with the greatest need will receive the highest value scholarships. There are a limited number of scholarships available.
When will I know the outcome of my application?
If you applied and submitted all your supporting documents by 4.30pm on 22 February 2019, we'll let you know whether your application was successful by early March 2019.
You must be enrolled in the semester you applied for. Before we pay your scholarship, we'll check your enrolment status to ensure you are still enrolled and eligible.
About the scholarship
The Rebecca Brown Learning Potential Fund Scholarship was established by David and Christine Brown in memory of their daughter Rebecca through the Learning Potential Fund.
Rebecca Brown was born in 1989 and sadly passed away in 1995. She was the third daughter of David and Christine Brown.
Rebecca's father David attended QIT from 1976 to 1978, graduating in Business Management. David is very appreciative of the education he received at QIT and the opportunities that it has provided him and his family, and hopes this scholarship in memory of Rebecca will make a difference to somebody else's life.
Equity Scholarships Team
- Level 3, C Block
- Room 301
- Kelvin Grove
(Closed public holidays)
- Postal address
- QUT Equity Scholarships
- Victoria Park Rd
- Kelvin Grove, Qld 4059