- Applications close
- 31 January 2021
What you'll receive
- a 100% waiver of course fees for LW78 Graduate Certificate in Future Law Technologies.
You will be responsible for all other expenses associated with your study.
You must be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen OR
- an Australian permanent resident OR
- a holder of an Australian humanitarian visa.
- hold a Bachelor of Laws degree from an Australian university* AND
- have received an offer of place in the next intake of LW78 Graduate Certificate in Future Law Technologies.
You must be able to evidence:
- career relevance AND
- ability to succeed in the course.
*Four scholarships are available to graduates of QUT’s Bachelor of Laws or Bachelor of Laws (Honours) or associated double degrees who graduated in the calendar year prior to enrolment in LW78 with First Class Honours or Second Class Division A and meet the eligibility criteria.
Two scholarships are available to other applicants who meet the eligibility criteria.
How to apply
Applications for 2021 scholarships will close at 11.59 pm on Sunday 31 January 2021. Late applications cannot be accepted.
- Read the scholarship terms and conditions. If you have any questions, contact the Law scholarships coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply for a place in LW78 Graduate Certificate in Future Law Technologies to commence in Semester 1, 2021.
- Once you have received an offer of a place in the course, complete and submit the online application form. Applications without a course offer cannot be considered.
Your application needs to include:
- statements (around 1200 words maximum in total) outlining your ability to succeed in the course and how the course is relevant to your career
- your CV (2 pages maximum).
You may also upload evidence to support your statement; for example:
- an academic record from tertiary studies
- confirmation of your current employment
- any statements of support from your employer.
What happens next?
On submission, you should receive an email confirming that we've received your scholarship application.
After the closing date, all applications received will be assessed against the selection criteria.
- If your application is successful, we'll notify you by email of your scholarship offer as soon as possible. You must accept or decline both the scholarship and course offers, including the conditions of the scholarship, within 24 hours. If we do not hear from you by that deadline, your scholarship offer may lapse and be allocated to another applicant.
- If your application is unsuccessful, we'll notify you by email.
To keep your scholarship, you must:
- enrol in two units each semester. The scholarship is not available to students studying only one unit each semester
- achieve at least a Pass grade in each unit
- remain enrolled in the LW78 Graduate Certificate in Future Law Technologies course. Withdrawing from the course or from a unit in the course will trigger cancellation of the scholarship and recovery of the unit fees paid for you by QUT at the time of your withdrawal.
You are responsible for:
- notifying us immediately if you encounter any difficulties that may affect your progress in the course
- being aware of semester census dates and other timelines associated with postgraduate study at QUT.
This scholarship cannot be deferred.