- Applications open
- 1 August 2019
- Applications close
- 15 November 2019
What you'll receive
You will receive one of:
- 90 scholarships worth $30,000 each. The scholarship will be paid as a stipend of up to $3,750 after the HECS-HELP census date of each semester for the standard duration of your course, for up to four years ($7,500 per year).
- 15 scholarships worth $10,000 each. The scholarship will be paid as a study stipend of $2,500 after the HECS-HELP census date of each semester for the first four semesters of your course.
Other benefits may include:
- an accelerated program of study
- early access to research opportunities
- membership of the QUT College of Excellence
- access to QUT's Leadership, Development and Innovation Program.
Successful applicants from our Science and Engineering Faculty who achieve an average grade point average (GPA) of 6 or above in their first semester will be invited to apply for a place in the Science and Engineering Dean's Scholars Program from Semester 2, 2020.
- be graduating Year 12 in 2019 or have graduates Year 12 in 2018
- have achieved an unadjusted OP 1 or 2 (or equivalent unadjusted ATAR)
- be starting university for the first time in 2020
- have placed QUT as your first preference with QTAC.
You must also be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen
- a permanent resident
- the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa
- an international student who has completed high school in Australia or an Australian curriculum overseas.
Other QUT Excellence Scholarships
How to apply
Applications open: 1 August 2019
Applications close: 15 November 2019
What happens next?
We'll make first-round offers for scholarships from 23 December 2019 to applicants who have placed QUT as their first course preference. Not all first-round offers are accepted, for a variety of reasons. So if you don't receive an offer in the first round, you may still be eligible for an offer in the second round.
We'll make second-round offers in the second week of January 2020. If a third round of offers is required, this will take place in the third week of January 2020.
We'll finalise all scholars by the end of January 2020, and we will contact you if you're successful.
If you aren't successful in your application, there is no appeals process.
Only students who are successful in being offered a scholarship are notified.
To keep your scholarship, you must:
- remain enrolled full-time
- maintain an overall grade point average (GPA) of 5.00 or higher each semester.
- take a leave of absence for up to 2 years but only after you have completed one semester of study. You won't receive scholarship payments during this time.
- defer your scholarship offer. If you defer your course, you can reapply for a QUT Excellence Scholarship the following year, provided that you haven't undertaken university study in the meantime.
- hold any other scholarship, except an Equity Scholarship. If you have any questions about holding other scholarships, contact our Scholarships Coordinator.
The 2020 terms and conditions are currently under review and will be available shortly.
About the scholarship
The QUT Excellence Scholarship is our premier offering for high achievers. We award over 130 scholarships annually, worth over $3.5 million.
In addition to the financial support, the program helps you to make the most of your QUT experience through extra development opportunities, which build your leadership skills and professional networks.