- Applications open
- 1 January 2022
- Applications close
- 27 March 2022
What you'll receive
- a scholarship valued at $15,000 for three years paid in instalments of $2,500 each semester
To be eligible for this scholarship you must be:
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- starting or currently studying a Bachelor of Design (Landscape Architecture) or a double degree that includes a Bachelor of Design (Landscape Architecture).
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship you must submit:
- a completed application form (PDF file, 309.7 KB)
- your curriculum vitae (CV) including portfolio work (if available)
- a brief proposal (1-2 pages) outlining your reasons for undertaking study in landscape architecture
- a statement of disadvantage or hardship in further study (if applicable). QUT Equity applications can be utilised.
What happens next?
A selection committee will assess each application and email you to let you know the outcome of your application.
An interview may be required.
To keep this scholarship you must:
- remain enrolled full time in the Bachelor of Design (Landscape Architecture) or double degree with Bachelor of Design (Landscape Architecture) for the duration of your studies
- maintain a course grade point average (GPA) of 4.0 or greater
- provide an annual overview of the benefits and outcomes you have gained from receiving the scholarship.
About the scholarship
The vision of this scholarship is to encourage Indigenous students to enter the landscape architecture profession. Arcadia believe that proper representation of Indigenous people in landscape architecture will galvanise our capacity to care for country, connect with history and tap into ecological knowledge developed by our First People over eons.
The involvement of First People adds an intrinsic element to design meaning and connection to the land, as well as bringing value and richness to the sense of place, helping share stories and build cultural awareness.