STEM camp highlights
Our STEM camp invites high-achieving Year 11 students to a fully funded five-day research-intensive camp to engage in solving some of the major challenges facing our society today.
Our science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) camp provides high-achieving Year 11 students with an exciting opportunity to attend an interactive 5-day camp, and engage in solving some of the major challenges facing our society and planet today.
Students will take advantage of our unique learning environment and have an opportunity to experience ground-breaking research as it happens, inside our world-class research facilities.
Monday 30 September - Friday 4 October 2019 (school holidays)
8.30am-7pm each day
The camp is free to attend, provided you meet the eligibility requirements. We provide accommodation and transport options for rural and regional students. Find out more about costs, transport and accommodation.
To be accepted into this program, you must:
- be a current Queensland or Northern New South Wales Year 11 student
- demonstrate you received 2 or more VHA’s (A's) in at least one STEM subject in 2018
- obtain parental/guardian permission
- obtain a letter of recommendation from your Teacher, Head of Department or Principal
- be able to attend the entire camp.
Apply for the QUT STEM camp
Applications for the 2019 STEM camp are now closed.
QUT STEM Scholars Program
All STEM camp students are inducted into the QUT STEM Scholars program.
QUT STEM Scholars program offers:
- access to the STEM Scholars virtual Facebook hub
- QUT STEM Ambassadors career advice
- invitations to exclusive STEM Education events and activities
- research assistance for extended essay projects
- opportunities to assist QUT with user-testing of programs and workshops.