Step 4: Check if you're eligible for a scholarship


Australian and New Zealand students

If you're an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen, you won't have to pay tuition fees if you complete your degree within:

  • 4 years full-time (or equivalent) for doctoral students (PhD and professional doctorate)
  • 2 years full-time (or equivalent) for masters students.

Financial support for PhDs and research degrees

International students

You may be able to apply for scholarships that cover tuition fees for all or part of your degree. If you don't receive a scholarship, you must pay full fees directly to QUT.

Financial support for PhDs and research degrees

Find scholarships

Scholarships for living expenses

The workload of your research degree may make it difficult for you to earn enough money to support yourself through paid employment.

You can apply for scholarships to help you with living costs.

Find scholarships

Financial support for PhDs and research degrees


Research Students Centre

RSC manages and supports research students.

  • Level 4
    88 Musk Avenue
    Kelvin Grove QLD 4059
  • Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm

  • Postal address:
    Research Students Centre
    GPO Box 2434
    Brisbane QLD 4001