Follow these steps if you want to apply for a general or academic English course.

If you want to study English and a QUT degree or pathway, you will need to apply direct to QUT. This includes English language programs combined with:

  • QUT College foundation or diploma programs
  • undergraduate degrees
  • postgraduate coursework degrees.

Depending on your level of English language proficiency, there are different programs you can study. There are no academic requirements.

General English (5-45 week program)

No proof of English proficiency required.

English for Academic Purposes (EAP)

You will need to meet the English language level required for your course. There are 6 EAP programs available depending on your level of English:

IELTS Advanced

You will need to meet the English language level required for our IELTS Advanced program.

Program dates

To see our upcoming start dates visit our Program dates.

IELTS Test Centre

If you are in Australia, you can complete an IELTS exam at our IELTS Test Centre.

English entry test

If you are in Australia, you can sit for our QUT College English entry test for entry into:

  • general English programs
  • English for Academic Purposes
  • foundation programs
  • diploma programs.

There is no cost for these tests.

Complete the entry test application form (PDF file, 282.8 KB) and submit it to QUT College by the closing date listed on the form.

On the day of your test, register at QUT College reception and present your photo ID. You will be provided with test instructions at this time.

Tuition fees

Check your course information to see the tuition fees for your program.

Your offer letter will let you know what the indicative fees are for a full-time study period.

Tuition fees usually increase each year. Read the international student fee policy (PDF file, 245.4 KB) and refund policy (PDF file, 132.5 KB) before you accept your offer.

Enrolment fee

There is an enrolment fee of $175 when you accept your offer.

Airport reception

You can organise for us to pick you up at the airport when you arrive. The fee for this service is $110.

Living costs

While you are living and studying in Brisbane, you will have to pay for:

  • travel
  • accommodation
  • books
  • living costs

Living in Brisbane

We have services in place to help you settle in including accommodation services to help you find somewhere to live.

Complete the application

You can complete and submit the application via the QUT Application Portal

Attach required documents

Ensure that you upload all the required documents. This includes:

  • a photocopy of your passport
  • proof of English language proficiency, if required.

What happens next?

You will usually receive an outcome of your application within 1-2 weeks.

If your application is successful, we'll send you:

  • an offer letter
  • instructions on how to pay your tuition fees and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).

To accept your offer, you must:

  • check that all your information is correct
  • complete your online acceptance of offer form
  • pay your tuition fees, enrolment fee, and your health cover.

Make sure you read and understand the international student fee policy (PDF file, 245.4 KB) and refund policy (PDF file, 132.5 KB).

When we receive your acceptance, we'll send you an electronic confirmation of enrolment (eCoE). Check that all the information on the eCoE is correct. You will need your eCoE to apply for your visa.

Student visa

Use your CoE to organise your Australian student visa online through your closest overseas Australian embassy or consulate.

You must nominate the overseas embassy or consulate where you will be applying for your visa on your acceptance of offer form. Choose the closest one to your city of residence to avoid delays in your visa processing.

Visa assessment

Your application for a visa will be assessed by the Department of Home Affairs. Find more information about visa assessment processes via the Department of Home Affairs website.

Other visas

Students from some countries may be eligible to study our English programs on a working holiday or tourist visa. You must do your research and ensure that your visa is valid to study in Australia.

Contact us

Contact QUT College if you have any questions about the application process.