Engage with masters and PhD students for industry innovation
Students bring a fresh perspective, new skills and innovative approaches to your workplace, while giving you the chance to promote your organisation and profile future graduates.
Working with our students will help to:
- find real-world solutions to your challenges
- develop future research leaders for industry
- bring ideas, knowledge networks and innovative thinking to you.
What are the benefits?
The benefits for your industry are numerous
- Fast turnaround and accelerated innovation (outputs of the project are outlined in the project plan, and students are monitored with milestones throughout project).
- Academic support from QUT to help identify problems and propose solutions.
- Valuable access to new research talent.
- The opportunity to fill skills gaps in your industry.
- Flexibility to design standalone projects, or work within bigger projects (including scoping and follow-up work for larger projects and grants).
Students benefit from the experience
- Participating with and in industry on real-world problems to improve their education experience.
- Developing greater connections with the world of work.
- Understanding themselves in relation to their career development, their academic studies and. transition to employment.
- Building their workforce preparation and adaptability.
- Creating industry networks and enhancing their CV.
- Increasing their employability.
- Developing their soft skills.
- Turning their thesis into practice on an industry problem.
Our students come prepared
Our Graduate Research Education and Development framework equips our students with real-world skills and learning outcomes throughout their research journey, helping prepare them for their lives after graduation. To help them prepare for their internships, we offer:
- transferable skills development through the Graduate Research Education and Development framework
- a briefing and preparation module
- career education and support
- support throughout the program
- tailored pre-internship training for specific technical skills they may need.
Students are briefed on:
- the purpose and aims of the internship
- roles, tasks and expectations for meeting learning outcomes
- workplace rights and responsibilities.
It's important that you, as an industry partner, also provide an induction to the workplace, including supporting students to work in a healthy and safe work environment.
Insurance for students
Enrolled students participating in approved internship activities are insured by QUT.
Contact our partnership office at email@example.com if you require an insurance certificate of currency.