What you'll receive
You will receive:
- a scholarship to cover 25% of your tuition fees for your first two semesters (one year) of study at QUT. This scholarship is based on your entry score.
- an ongoing scholarship to cover 25% of your tuition fees per semester of study at QUT, provided you meet the academic conditions.
General eligibility requirements
You must meet all the following requirements:
- have completed a qualifying course with the required academic results
- meet minimum English language entry requirements of IELTS 6.5 (no sub scores below 6) or equivalent for direct admission to the degree program. If you are completing a QUT pathway program (for English language purposes only), you may be eligible for this scholarship once you start your degree program
- apply for and are accepted into one of these courses offered by our QUT Business School:
- start your coursework degree program no later than Semester 2, 2020.
You are not eligible for this scholarship if:
- you receive another QUT academic scholarship.
Applying for a double degree with Creative Industries or Science and Engineering?
If you are applying for a double degree that combines a Business course with one offered by our Creative Industries or Science and Engineering faculties, you may be eligible for our International Merit Double Degree Scholarship.
Minimum academic standards
This is only a guide. We will determine your eligibility when you apply.
If you are applying for a postgraduate coursework degree, you must have a recognised comparable bachelor degree award with a grading scale approximately equivalent to:
|Grading system||Approximate requirement: overall grade point average (GPA)|
|QUT 7-point scale||Overall GPA : 6.0 on a 7-point scale|
|4-point scale||Overall GPA : 3.4|
: 85% where 60% is a pass|
Overall GPA : 82.5% where 50% is a pass
Bachelor-level studies - direct entry
|Australian high school||OP 3 or ATAR 95|
|All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC)||Overall GPA : 82% over all subjects|
|GAOKAO - Chinese National University Entrance Exam||Different provinces have different maximum scores. Scores are converted to a percentage. Overall GPA of approximately 85% in 4 academic subjects.|
|GCE 'A' Levels||12 A level points based on the aggregate of the best 3 academic subjects|
|Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE)||23 Aggregate score based on best 5 subjects across core and category A and C electives|
|India State Board (10+2)||Overall GPA : 92% over all subjects|
|International Baccalaureate (IB)||Aggregate: 36|
|Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM)||12 A level points based on the aggregate of the best 3 academic subjects|
|Sekolah Menengah Atas (SMA) 3/Certificate of Graduation (Nilai Sekolah)||GPA of 9.5 on 10-point scale in the best five major academic subjects.|
|Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) - Malaysia Independent Chinese Secondary School System (MICSS)||Average of 2 (where 1 is best) in 5 academic subjects, excluding Bahasa Cina, Bahasa Malaysia and Physical Education (PE)|
|Vietnam Gifted Schools||Overall GPA : 9 on a 10-point scale.|
|Recognised overseas post-high-school qualifications comparable to an AQF diploma or higher, or bachelor-level studies (minimum 1 year)||GPA of 6 on the QUT 7-point scale or equivalent (approximate 3.4 on a 4-point scale).|
|Other grading systems||Subject to QUT assessment at time of application.|
How to apply
You don't need to apply separately for this scholarship. If you apply for and are accepted into one of the eligible courses, and you meet the criteria for the scholarship, we will offer you a scholarship as well as a place in the course.
To receive the ongoing scholarship after your first two semesters, you must:
- maintain a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 5.5 on the QUT 7-point scale throughout your course at QUT.
About the scholarship
This scholarship is sponsored by our QUT Business School.
It is available to international students who:
- have demonstrated academic excellence in their past studies
- continue to achieve high standards for the duration of their studies.