- Applications close
- 15 October 2021
What you'll receive
You will receive an annual top-up of $5,000 per annum for a maximum of two years (maximum $10,000). The top-up will be paid fortnightly in addition to your living stipend.
To be eligible for this top-up scholarship, you must:
- already be in receipt of a living stipend scholarship from QUT of at least $28,597 per annum
- be a full-time doctoral student
- have not yet completed their confirmation milestone
- must successfully undertake their confirmation milestone between 1 November 2021 and 31 March 2022
- be undertaking research in either the media and/or communication disciplines.
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship, please email your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you include:
- your student number
- a document of no more than two pages addressing the below selection criteria:
- alignment of your project to either the media or communication disciplines
- potential of the project to make an outstanding contribution to the field
- progress to date and timeline to achieve timely completion of the milestone.
What happens next?
You will be notified of the outcome of your application by 30 November 2021.
If successful, you will begin receiving your top-up payments once you have successfully completed your confirmation milestone.
The successful applicant must demonstrate satisfactory progress throughout their candidature to retain their scholarship.
About the scholarship
The Tom Dixon Scholarship is a generous donation to QUT from Mr Tom Dixon. Mr Dixon values systems that allow people to achieve self definition and self realisation, and strongly believes that communication is a central tool to achieve this.